Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this new Zodiac called the Jet-O-Matic. Have you checked it out?

Some specifications about the Jet-O-Matic include that it has a 46 mm case in either stainless steel, or black IP. The watch will also have water resistance of 100 meters, a sapphire crystal, exhibition case-back, olive green, and black dial choices, luminescent markers, and hands. In addition the movement is the Swiss Technology Production caliber STP 1-11 automatic with 44 hour power reserve, and you get nylon straps in green, black, or orange guys.

Here's a look...

Timezone.com with this, and more...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6851644&rid=0#msg_6851644

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Good Looking piece. The black IP is my fav. Anyone know anything about the movement they're using here?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone know anything about the movement they're using here?
I thought the movement sounded familiar - a quick search brought up links to info about Fossil's Swiss line of watches, as they also use the same STP1-11 movement (which also makes sense given Fossil's ownership of Zodiac).

A press release shows that Fossil purchased STP Swiss Technology Production in 2012.

Apparently the STP1-11 is very similar to the ETA 2824, but manufacturer specs claim 6 hours greater power reserve and the use of an extra jewel (26 total). Certain components may be Swatch-sourced according to a discussion of this movement I found elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Good Looking piece. The black IP is my fav. Anyone know anything about the movement they're using here?
Swiss Technology Production caliber STP 1-11 with a power reserve of 44 hours. It features Côtes de Genève finish on the rotor.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I really like the watch itself but that strap would go in the trash and be replaced with something a little more worthy of the case!

·
Super Moderator
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the movement sounded familiar - a quick search brought up links to info about Fossil's Swiss line of watches, as they also use the same STP1-11 movement (which also makes sense given Fossil's ownership of Zodiac).

A press release shows that Fossil purchased STP Swiss Technology Production in 2012.

Apparently the STP1-11 is very similar to the ETA 2824, but manufacturer specs claim 6 hours greater power reserve and the use of an extra jewel (26 total). Certain components may be Swatch-sourced according to a discussion of this movement I found elsewhere.
Thanks so much for the info about this RH ! :thumb: Had thought it was a new version of the old Claro Semag CL888, but this sounds cool here. Thanks again !

Am liking how the watch mixes a few different styles in one. Looks like a watch you could go on an adventure with, or go anywhere with really.

Thanks for the opinions on this one everyone !

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Agree about the awesome case and the crappy strap. Size works for me. I think the silver case looks best but the black dial a little pedestrian ... would have to go green on this one as well.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Like the movement and the case, the strap is rather uninspiring and the price is about $400 to $500 too much.

You can get a Steinhart Ocean One Premium, on a bracelet with a an even better movement in it for $500.

When I look at the green dial model, the vision of "Victorinox Inox" kind of appears in my mind.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts