Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, i found out the stock lume of those Zodiac Watches is a bit weak...i dont know if only the white ones have such a weak lume.

I decided to improve it! :clap:

I'm also curious to know if there is some members which can give me some info about the movement?

It says swiss made, but looks very asian to me?

Thank you!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Nice lume job. Not sure but Zodiac has used the CL888 for many years. They claim it is Swiss but if you Google it I think you will find that it is mostly Asian.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

First, lume job looks great.

Second movement is a Claro Semag CL-888 .

Bascially a Seagull movement, sent to Switzerland and supposed added parts and rebranded.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you all!

I find those movement dont run smooth enough, i love the overall look of this watch, but i think the movt is not that great, you can clearly see how the second hand sweeps unregulary...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

mba1996 escribió:
Could you tell us how you improved the lume? What did ya do, where did you get it, and how did you put it on?

Chuck
i applied new lume over the old one.
Lume is made of glowpigments mixed together with acrylic varnish which will be applied manually by using a watchmaker oiler.
You can get Lume in diferent quality from:
rctritec.com
watchlume.com
watchlume.net
noctilumina.com

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

angelo wrote:
Thank you all!

I find those movement dont run smooth enough, i love the overall look of this watch, but i think the movt is not that great, you can clearly see how the second hand sweeps unregulary...
Yep has been a known problem for many years with that movement .
I owned 2 Oceanaires and both had to go to service center to be fixed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Tattoo Chef escribió:
angelo wrote:

Thank you all!

And how well do they run now? better?

·
Registered
419 Posts
imported post

have had a couple myself and the movement def has a stutter to it but overall i think there great watches and seem to hold ther price well :)

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

angelo wrote:
Tattoo Chef escribió:
angelo wrote:

Thank you all!

Dont have them anymore. Last one I had was back in 2008 probably. They ran fine though after I got them serviced. The movement still stuttered a bit , but they were both sweeping to the 15 seconds mark, then would stop, and then jump to like 30 15 secs later, and got more irratic after that, so I had to send them in . I have read many people having issues with it. Just keep an eye on it, if you got a good one, all should be fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Tattoo Chef escribió:
angelo wrote:

Tattoo Chef escribió:
angelo wrote:

Thank you all!

Dont have them anymore. Last one I had was back in 2008 probably. They ran fine though after I got them serviced. The movement still stuttered a bit , but they were both sweeping to the 15 seconds mark, then would stop, and then jump to like 30 15 secs later, and got more irratic after that, so I had to send them in . I have read many people having issues with it. Just keep an eye on it, if you got a good one, all should be fine.
Thank you!

·
Registered
324 Posts
imported post

I have 6 Oceanaires and all run just fine. But I do notice some are a bit smoother in the winding department.

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

Congrats on your new pick up and too bad it didn't come out of the factory like that with the wide hands but you did a great job adding lume. CL888 is a deal breaker for many but I have owned a few and they performed okay.They stutter a bit but they are fairly accurate.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
imported post

Cool Oceannaire in the white dial and super lume mod. Very nice. No Zodiac and (very few watches really) has excellent lume with all these tool divers with the sick lume and T100 tubes out there nowadays. Very impressive that you took matters into your own hands, Angelo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts