Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken a liking to Zippo lighters. I haven't smoked in over 3 decades, but I find them cool. They are pure Americana & Canadiana, as they were, at one time, also made in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada, a 30 minute drive from our home. They can be inexpensive, don't take up much space (yet) and look good mixed in with my watch cases & winders. I don't use mine, I have for display only. Only 2 so far, so not yet a collection.

If you have a Zippo, post a pic. Perhaps alongside a watch. Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
^^^ looks like we both have a 1941 replica, mine in brushed SS.
Great minds (always) think alike! :D I like the brass one better, in contrary to brass or bronze watches which I h***, eh, don't like :D

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Never smoked and have no intention to either but lighters are cool. Oh, don't get me started, lol!

I smoke the occasional cigar (long fillers) but my lighters are never used, even never filled with fluid. The vapours of lighter fluid would ruin a cigar in an instance.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I too do not smoke any more baring the occasional cigar, I prefer to use a vaporizer.
But here is my massive Zippo collection. A standard stainless steel, a brass poker themed one and also a miniature brass Zippo. And an incredibly well made Zippo case.
All the lighters in need of a bit of TLC not used them for over a decade.
I love to watch the Zippo tricks on YouTube, but I don't dexterity to perform even a basic trick. Damn my Mars bar fingers.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I had a couple in my late teens and early twenties. Never smoked though. Not sure what ever happened to mine. My brother stole one, scraped off the 8 ball (I played a lot of billiards back then) and later replaced it with one engraved "Uncle Jeff" from his boys... That one is somewhere packed away I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Had a couple when i was too young to smoke, & my beloved gave me one when we were young married; in retrospect that was odd of her and it's long gone.

Do You guys impress Yourselves by snapping Your fingers to pop it open lit?
i used to impress the ladies with that one...yeah, probably didn't impress.

Great pics e.

·
Super Moderator
9,333 Posts
Don't have any Zippos, but can totally see the appeal in these ! :cool: :smile1:

They are actually a lot like watches when you stop, and think about
it with the level of imagination, ingenuity, and craftsmanship.

Honestly are really cool to see like this Roarry, and all you guys !!! :clap2: :thumb: :thumb:

So neat ! Thanks very very much !!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
This collection of Vietnam War lighters was assembled and sourced by Bradford Edwards for his book "Vietnam Zippos" and the 282 lighters were recently available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts