Watch Freeks banner

Zippos anyone?

6K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  Stan The Man 
#1 ·
I have taken a liking to Zippo lighters. I haven't smoked in over 3 decades, but I find them cool. They are pure Americana & Canadiana, as they were, at one time, also made in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada, a 30 minute drive from our home. They can be inexpensive, don't take up much space (yet) and look good mixed in with my watch cases & winders. I don't use mine, I have for display only. Only 2 so far, so not yet a collection.

If you have a Zippo, post a pic. Perhaps alongside a watch. Cheers :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Bah, who cares about Zippos? ;)

#5 ·
Great minds (always) think alike! :D I like the brass one better, in contrary to brass or bronze watches which I h***, eh, don't like :D

Reactions: Roarry
#7 ·
Never smoked and have no intention to either but lighters are cool. Oh, don't get me started, lol!

I smoke the occasional cigar (long fillers) but my lighters are never used, even never filled with fluid. The vapours of lighter fluid would ruin a cigar in an instance.

#9 ·
I too do not smoke any more baring the occasional cigar, I prefer to use a vaporizer.
But here is my massive Zippo collection. A standard stainless steel, a brass poker themed one and also a miniature brass Zippo. And an incredibly well made Zippo case.
All the lighters in need of a bit of TLC not used them for over a decade.
I love to watch the Zippo tricks on YouTube, but I don't dexterity to perform even a basic trick. Damn my Mars bar fingers.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

#11 ·
You can not fault a Zippo, often copied but never bettered. It's the only thing I miss regarding smoking.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

#12 ·
I had a couple in my late teens and early twenties. Never smoked though. Not sure what ever happened to mine. My brother stole one, scraped off the 8 ball (I played a lot of billiards back then) and later replaced it with one engraved "Uncle Jeff" from his boys... That one is somewhere packed away I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#23 ·
#26 ·
The great thing about Zippo lighters is their reliability, but they're only good for cigarettes. Cigar and pipe smokers don't like 'em because of the nasty flavor from the fuel.

#32 ·
When my father still smoked a pack a day, his Ronson (with a leather cover) was his most prized possession as it cost a month's wages back in the day. Build like a Swiss watch.

#31 ·
Because of the new posts I remembered I have another one. This one, showing the time I served in Lebanon and the post I was stationed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.