Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just watched a video posted 17 minutes ago where Zenith's CEO announced that, among other topics, in an effort to combat the downturn due to Coronavirus, they have opened an online store to sell their watches direct, but only in France, Italy and Switzerland for the moment:

Screenshot of German EUR page, there is no button to add watch to a shopping cart:

Screenshot of German CHF page with button to add watch to a shopping cart (In den Warenkorb legen), they also offer free delivery, a Concierge Service (whatever that is, I imagine sizing of the bracelet?), and a no-cost 14 day return policy.

The bad news is, I tried their checkout process and I got the spinning ball of death that never resolves, and on a previous attempt it sent me back to the homepage. Probably temporary!

Super Moderator
This is some really interesting news FB, and I bet something so many
watch fans around the world have wanted to see. Which is basically
the ability to order watches right from the watch company they want. 馃榾
It's something can imagine a lot of people have been waiting for for
a long time. Honestly, is neat to hear. But at the same time, I hope
that it doesn't put a dent in all of the watch stores, and shops that
usually sell these kinds of watches. 馃槯

Do you think what Zenith is doing is permanent FB? Or just maybe
is temporary because of what's going on with Covid-19? ..In any
case, thanks very much for the info !

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I think it is rather permanent. Omega has this too, at least for Switzerland ( I cannot test other countries as their IP detection knows I am in Switzerland). And Breitling as well (for more countries it seems).

So I think it is the way forward as younger generations are more used to buying online, and less with visiting a boutique, if you walk into the Omega, Patek Phillipe or Boucherer (Rolex) dealers in Geneva, it's all people who are 40+ and a lot of Asian tourists.

Super Moderator
Yes, I think it is rather permanent. Omega has this too, at least for Switzerland ( I cannot test other countries as their IP detection knows I am in Switzerland). And Breitling as well (for more countries it seems).

So I think it is the way forward as younger generations are more used to buying online, and less with visiting a boutique, if you walk into the Omega, Patek Phillipe or Boucherer (Rolex) dealers in Geneva, it's all people who are 40+ and a lot of Asian tourists.

View attachment 129670

View attachment 129671
Wow, so this really is something then, and a pretty big decision
by these watch companies then. 馃樀 I mean have been seeing
a seemingly infinite amount of sites since nearly the beginning
of the internet selling watches. So why not see the watch brands
who actually make the watches make them available to eveyone?!

Sounds pretty logical, and very cool FB. 馃槑 Thanks once again !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts