You鈥檝e got the perfect size case, a sapphire crystal, and an automatic
movement. Not to mention an exceptional look, and style that harkens
back to dive watches of the past. But manages to move forward as well
thanks to it鈥檚 ultra cool material, and just head turning looks honestly. 馃槈

Man oh man, the name Swordfish is so cool for a dive watch, and the
watch backs up the name in every way. (y)(y) Sending you a HUGE
congratulations on this stunner MW !!!

Registered
That's sharp Wiggles, nice color scheme is the bezel insert anodized dark grey/black? I like what they did with the ti Sky Raider open or closed face. How does your Swordfish wear?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
That's sharp Wiggles, nice color scheme is the bezel insert anodized dark grey/black? I like what they did with the ti Sky Raider open or closed face. How does your Swordfish wear?
I believe the bezel insert is actually ceramic. The watch wears very well, as the lug to lug is only 47mm. The depth is 13.8mm, which is reasonable for a watch with an NH35 movement. It's nice to own a titanium watch, but they scratch very easily, so from now on I will stick to SS.

Registered
It's nice to own a titanium watch, but they scratch very easily, so from now on I will stick to SS.
Thank you for the input, I've heard that but have yet to own one.

Ceramic, I was discussing ceramic with my wife last night as I looked at we looked at black watches. I'm not sure about pvd. I looked at a ceramic Omega at an AD, the case had a scuff so I wondered how they fair, seems lux brands favor ceramic. What's your take on PVD?

Registered

Ceramic, I was discussing ceramic with my wife last night as I looked at we looked at black watches. I'm not sure about pvd. I looked at a ceramic Omega at an AD, the case had a scuff so I wondered how they fair, seems lux brands favor ceramic. What's your take on PVD?
If I may but in. I have both matte and smooth PVD finished cases. The matte finishes seem practically indestructible. I have one smooth case where it is starting to peel in a lug corner. It's kind of like a clear coat on smooth cases. It protects, but does not affect the coloring of the case. DLC is better. Sorry for the jack.:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

From a case point of view I would stick with SS, from a bezel point of view perhaps ceramic is best. However, vintage style watches may suit metal inserts, and I own a Borealis with a PVD bezel that looks great. There is a balance between practicality and aesthetics

Registered
From a case point of view I would stick with SS, from a bezel point of view perhaps ceramic is best. However, vintage style watches may suit metal inserts, and I own a Borealis with a PVD bezel that looks great. There is a balance between practicality and aesthetics
You ever try a sapphire bezel ? Polished ceramic is cool but sapphire is indestructible.

Registered
If I may but in. I have both matte and smooth PVD finished cases. The matte finishes seem practically indestructible. I have one smooth case where it is starting to peel in a lug corner. It's kind of like a clear coat on smooth cases. It protects, but does not affect the coloring of the case. DLC is better. Sorry for the jack.:)
Glad you did. When you got the Glycine Airman I was curious. I didn't know there was a DLC/PVD difference. I'll read up on it. I haven't read up on it, I just admired black cases but wouldn't purchase one. I'll read up on the processes.
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts