Watch Freeks banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've been trying to figure if you guys notice anything with the consistency of your Seiko 5? I've noticed that the SNXS75 is -2 sec everyday, every time I wind it after it loses its reserve. The SNK805 has been between 13-18 sec a day changing with every wind after reserve loss. Anyone noticing anything similar. I'm not expecting perfection, but I'm just curious about what everyone else is getting.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Okay, so I've been trying to figure if you guys notice anything with the consistency of your Seiko 5? I've noticed that the SNXS75 is -2 sec everyday, every time I wind it after it loses its reserve. The SNK805 has been between 13-18 sec a day changing with every wind after reserve loss. Anyone noticing anything similar. I'm not expecting perfection, but I'm just curious about what everyone else is getting.

Pretty normal, as both have 7S movements. Since these workhorse movements are unregulated from the factory, you can see a huge range or accuracy from model to model. I've had SKX models keeping with 3 seconds a day, and others keeping closer to 30 seconds a day. Even got one once that was running 12 minutes fast every day (yes, I returned it)!

Normal variance for a 7S26 movement is -20 to +40 seconds per day from the factory. I have seen them regulated to get down to only a few seconds a day slow which is impressive for an inexpensive automatic movement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts