Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won this in an eBay auction. I paid £12.50 + postage from China. It is a Corgeut Submariner homage. 40mm on a rather nice fabric strap. DG movement accurate to about +10 sec per day, genuine ceramic bezel with a great feel and tension, 316L stainless, screw down crown, and I think a Hardlex crystal. Everything aligns as it should, and it looks great on the wrist. Have you any such bargains ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mine would probably be a Sewor automatic that I bought to learn how to take apart movements.... The case is made of purest cheese-metal..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine would probably be a Sewor automatic that I bought to learn how to take apart movements.... The case is made of purest cheese-metal..
Yes, I owned a Frank Muller homage made by that brand. Your right, the metal was pretty awful, but surprisingly enough the movement was reliable and quite accurate.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, I owned a Frank Muller homage made by that brand. Your right, the metal was pretty awful, but surprisingly enough the movement was reliable and quite accurate.
I disassembled and reassembled it quite a few times, it too is made out of cheese-like-metal and just generally cheap materials/plastic. There were tiny spurs of metal where holes had been drilled or punched and the gears were obviously not made with the greatest of care or attention to detail. That being said, it is very likely the movement is not made to last beyond a few years.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
My HMT Pilot (made in India). It think it was $16 incl. shipping. It's also the lightest watch, 34 grams on a Perlon strap. By comparison, the Deep Blue Juggernaut II is 250 grams on the matching bracelet.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Same here... $15 or $16 shipped from India. It's also extremely thin.

I like this one better than mine. No second hand on mine and a plain dial. Yours looks really good for such an inexpensive watch. To be honest, I never wear it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never wear mine either. Hate to admit it, but it's too small!
I used to have several HMT watches when I got into the hobby. They looked nice, they were pretty, they were cheap, and there was an enormous selection. Unfortunately they were very unreliable, time keeping was terrible, and on a hot day they steamed up. Needless to say I sold them all.

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Cannot compete with those ultra awesome deals guys ! 👀 😮
Holy cowza, every one of them looks like a million $, and they
barely cost what a pizza might cost. It's extraordinary to see all
of these. 😀 Think am going to have to work on my bang for
the buck abilities. Because these two Vostoks have to be my
cheapest here:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even though I started the thread, I have to tell you all I sold the watch I named as my cheapest. I am therefore going to name my knocking about work watch. Paid £5 from China, and it does the job. The strap gave up almost straight away, but I had an old Rotary bracelet knocking about. It's quartz and keeps perfect time, and even the second hand hits the markers. Not a lot more I can say really

·
Registered
584 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts