Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well i just got back from DEEP BLUE's Office's -picking up my DAYNIGHT OPS KIT.

Stan @ Deep Blue is ALL CLASS!!! -you would think -you go pick up your watch -here you go thanks for the purchase have a nice day!!

NOPE = not here

Sit down -let me show you a couple of things i'm working on - in TOTAL Stan spent about a half hour BSing with me about watches and what they are working on coming down the pipe - and what they are loking to do a little later on etc

HE loved my Citizen "ORCA" diver i have on today, we BS'd about other brands etc etc

You couldnt meet a nicer guy- a regular NewYorker like me - no BS no hype -

WELL they got some sweet stuff coming in about 3-4 months and Beyond!!!

You WANT :

Mother of Pearl dials??? you got it - coming out with this incredible Blue MOP, along with Black MOP & White MOP - all in a Diver around 45MM with a diver bezel - simular to the OG series of another brand

TEXTURED DIALS?? you got it - double textured dials with 3-5 color options = Black, Blue, Yellow, Orange etc

Sunray Dials? you got it -we're not talking about plain old jane sunray dials here - we're talking a sunray center dial with a texture on the outside 1/4 of the dial

SWISS MOVEMENT DIVER WATCH FOR UNDER $500??? you got it -he showed me a couple of different variations which will come with an ETA movement on a classic Diver type case

All in All - he showed me about a half a dozen different pieces they are working on -each of which will have at least 2 dial choices

ALL REASONABLY PRICED WELL UNDER $1G

So for those of you CRAVING something Different from a NEW Brand - I think you need to check them out

He also said that they will have plenty of these Trit tube watches in production now and in the coming months so there will be no scarcity there - you may need to wait on a new variation and such but it looks like they will have this watch in production most of the year 2010

That's it Folks - Pretty Exciting for me - as some of you might know - this is my 2nd Deep Blue and i am very happy with the quality, size, price, etc of the pieces i have~~~

Have a great day guys!!

and check them out

http://www.deepbluewatches.com/

Oh Yeah - he also said they are updating their website to a new look etc and they will be having an e-mail notification system (soon) in order to receive e-mail announcments of what they got coming down the line!!

E-MAIL STAN for a discount codeIS FOR STRAPS ONLY NOT WATCHES - SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION - http://www.panatime.com

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great experience! Congrats on picking up your new timepiece!:l

Also, thanks for the insider info on the upcoming executions! I am really begin to like this brand, and I do see my next watch coming from Deep Blue! :)

I like the Swiss Diver movement that you mention . . . very cool!:c

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Great info from your visit and awesome inside info about upcoming models. Thanks again

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

hesaid if you guys were into straps he could offer a discount 10-15% off on their panatime.com website -

i suggest if you're gonna get one -e-mail him or call him -for details and mention you're a WF - heck of a nice guy who's also into watches -you could tell by talking to him -the excitement in the stuff they are designing etc

djpop wrote:

THANKS GEORGE, GREAT UPDATE INFO ON WHATS COMING. WILL STAN STILL GIVE WFs A DISCOUNT?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great guy. Thanks for the update and info on upcoming models from Deep Blue. I don't own one yet, but I have a feeling I will in the future.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

yeah -no worries here - the quality is very good -and although these all come in numbered Ltd Production models - he is RELUCTANT to use that LE term

real honest business here folks - this could easily be Hyped to be LE models -but the guy is OLD SCHOOL!!!

what can i say - cant beat that!!

WatchNut wrote:
Sounds like a great guy. Thanks for the update and info on upcoming models from Deep Blue. I don't own one yet, but I have a feeling I will in the future.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

George

Great to hear you so enthusiastic. you sound like a little kid. Enjoy the watch and keep us posted on how you like it after you have gotten it broken in.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Well you know it's refreshing when you get to sit down with the guy who designs their watches and he actually listens to your input & is just as enthusiastic as you are - and has some great designs coming with some really nice dials and hands etc.

also the quality of these pieces when you hold them in your hands is incredible

this is not your typical low to mid end Pro-Diver type piece

we're talking solid end links here!!!

so yeah i had a very nice 1/2 hour Lunch talk with Stan and came away pretty impressed with their company & product!!

Spaceview wrote:
George

Great to hear you so enthusiastic. you sound like a little kid. Enjoy the watch and keep us posted on how you like it after you have gotten it broken in.

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm looking forward to picking up a Swiss auto from Deep Blue (the one I really like is the black dial w/blue hands- currently sold out)- can't wait to see the MOP ...this all sounds good to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.