Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

. . . . I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this watch!!! I made a trade for it, and could not possibly be happier with it.

. . . Yobokie modified Seiko Monster . . .

. . . Watchadoo "Anvil" style bracelet.
. . . All bead blasted surfaces.
. . . Yobokie dial, no date window.
. . . Yobokie chapter ring.
. . . Plongeur hands w/ orange accents.
. . . Un-earthly lume.
. . . Yobokie sapphire crystal, convex.

This year is going to be the year for Asian built watches in my stable, and I am thrilled to have this as an early 2010 arrival. The Monster is one of my favourites, I like the fit/finish of the model and it is one of the more comfortable pieces that I wear regularily. The Yobokie modded version is a great take on the collector's stalwart selection. The Watchadoo wears very nicely, is solid and substantial in build. Yobokie's workmanship is nothing short of stellar, with my eye not being able to find an aspect out of place or flawed. Harold Ng's choice of components is perfect in my opinion, he plays the simplicity to perfection, and doesn't resort to trendy colours or gimmicky features in his builds.

Here's a few shots of the new girl, and a few with my stock Monster . . .

. . . I will definately be contacting Harold to do work in the future, this is the start of a new direction in my habit . . . . Asian and Divers, the mantra for 2010!!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
imported post

Wow! Awesome mod! Nice and clean face but still has the classic monster look. Thanks for posting these pics! BTW - I know you got this in a trade but where would you purchase something like this? Or would you send your existing watch to someone to mod it?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

That looks kick a$$ Randy! I love the mods, looks like a totally different watch. Not to say the stock piece isn't nice.....just wow! I'm also diggin that bracelet, hmmm, wonder what it will in my collection????:b

CJ

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

MikeyShingles wrote:
Wow! Awesome mod! Nice and clean face but still has the classic monster look. Thanks for posting these pics! BTW - I know you got this in a trade but where would you purchase something like this? Or would you send your existing watch to someone to mod it?
Very cool looking mod. I'm with Mikey on this, we need more details. Please share either here or via PM. Who, how, estimated cost, details, details, details. No two need to be the same. Thanks and enjoy your one of a kind.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

. . . thanks for the replies guys. I traded with a member here , Iceman1974 ( Cody ) , for the Monster.

I had been looking at Yobokies work myself . . . so when this came up as a trade I was already aware of it. There are a couple of cats that are doing Seiko mods at this level that I am aware of . . . . Yobokie ( Harold Ng ) and another man named Noah Fuller who is very well regarded. Yobokie hasa massive Photobucket account at . . .

http://s161.photobucket.com/home/yobokies/allalbums

. . . check out his work, it is pretty overwhelming . . . . .And also, I would very highly recommend dealing with Cody (Iceman1974), very nice guy and the deal was smooth and quick . . . .Randy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.