Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just got confirmation that the reason I feel like a bag of "doo-doo" and my throat is on fire is due to a case of strep throat! :BE

It's been cycling through my Sister's family and close, continuous contact for the past several days, now has me with it! :(

You know that feeling where your hair follicles hurt?????? Yeah . . . that's where I'm at!:WW

I'll gladly pay someone to breathe for me! :wf

:lol

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Ahhhh....sorry to hear that CT...I grew up with strep throat and it sux....I cringe when I hear that word...Feel for ya brutha hope you feel better soon...

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Man I feel for you, I would like too tell you I know how you feel but I dont. Should have asked for a dose of Pain killers too!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Rick,

Get well soon!!! Make sure you take ALL the medication. This is something I know something about (not like watches). I am a Microbiologist. Many people stop taking their antibiotic when they start feeling better. Not a good idea.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

That really bites CT...Get better soon.

I woke up this morning choking on my own blood!!! I rolled out of bed gagging and went into out bathroom covered in blood. I had gotten a bloody nose and when you take blood thinners....as I do...all bloody nose can be life threatning. I finally got it completely stopped after almost an hour....during which time my wife had called our doctors answering service. He said if I didn't get it stopped within an hour to go to the hospital ER. I looked like I had been in a fight...I was covered in blood. But after a shower I felt better, and then chatted with doctor for a few minutes. He said he didn't want me out today at all....and to drink lots of fluids today...cause I probably lost a lot of blood. So I have been watching football games....the Pizza Bowl...whoopie!!! And the Mieneke Car Care Bowl....WHO CARES!!!! Finally the wife got through playing one of her all day long on-line games...so I finally got some computer time!!!

Well..hope everyone got some good stuff for Christmas!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . Bummer. I know just how you feel though. Went to bed feeling a little peckish, and woke up in the middle of the night freezing with a fever. Felt crappy all day too. Oh well, it was bound to happen, we have had 9-10 people staying for the holidays, so bugs will get around . . . . get well soon . . .

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I hope you feel better soon. I have been sick also and hard to shake these things. Take your drugs!

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Hope you start feeling better Rick, after about four days of amoxicillin you're going to need a laptop if you know what i mean!!:BE(gonna be spending some time on the old throne):wf

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
That really bites CT...Get better soon.

I woke up this morning choking on my own blood!!! I rolled out of bed gagging and went into out bathroom covered in blood. I had gotten a bloody nose and when you take blood thinners....as I do...all bloody nose can be life threatning. I finally got it completely stopped after almost an hour....during which time my wife had called our doctors answering service. He said if I didn't get it stopped within an hour to go to the hospital ER. I looked like I had been in a fight...I was covered in blood. But after a shower I felt better, and then chatted with doctor for a few minutes. He said he didn't want me out today at all....and to drink lots of fluids today...cause I probably lost a lot of blood. So I have been watching football games....the Pizza Bowl...whoopie!!! And the Mieneke Car Care Bowl....WHO CARES!!!! Finally the wife got through playing one of her all day long on-line games...so I finally got some computer time!!!

Well..hope everyone got some good stuff for Christmas!!!
WOW, Larry . . . that's sounds terrible! I hope you are feeling better!

I am such a wussie when it comes to throat pain! This sucks! :(

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

OUCH! Man I feel for you!! When I was a kid, I used to get Strep Throat numerous times each winter. I would take the meds and it would go away and as soon as the meds were done, I would get it again. I HATED getting strep! Well, I hope you feel better my man!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.