Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Seamaster came on a rubber strap, wanted the bracelet as well, I paid the outrageous price of a separate order for it from Omega for $700. Just got a call from Jared's that it shipped today and is on it's way, unfortunately,:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: they have raised the price of the bracelet to $1k, so I will have to pony up another $300 at the store!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My new Seamaster came on a rubber strap, wanted the bracelet as well, I paid the outrageous price of a separate order for it from Omega for $700. Just got a call from Jared's that it shipped today and is on it's way, unfortunately,:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: they have raised the price of the bracelet to $1k, so I will have to pony up another $300 at the store!
Everybody knows it's 1kaybo for the bracelet. What, did you think you were special ? ;)

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that's not right honestly.😣 I mean if it is $700, then it is $700 ! (y)

No take backs. 😀

The sales lady told me she couldn't find the exact price when she ordered it, and it might be a little more, 40% more, WTF! Looks like Omega got me as Rolex would after all!

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
The sales lady told me she couldn't find the exact price when she ordered it, and it might be a little more, 40% more, WTF! Looks like Omega got me as Rolex would after all!
🙂 (y) I was just fooling around honestly Chaz. It’s actually
totally understandable to tell the truth. Like Forza said, they
are evidently usually around $1000, so it’s on target, or near
there. $700 was just too good to be true unfortunately sir. You
will totally forget about it when it’s on that beauty ! 😎

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chaz!

Sounds to me like the AD forgot to add their margin on top and originally quoted you their reseller price, not the retail price. Was the quote for the bracelet in writing, or over the phone? If in writing, you could force their hand maybe?

I hate to make you feel worse, but I learned a while ago, always buy a watch with the bracelet first, and then "downgrade" to a Nato or Rubber later as they are infinitely less expensive. For example, on the Swiss Omega online store, a Seamaster 300m with a rubber strap is CHF 4'850, and the same watch with a stainless bracelet is CHF 5'150 (300 franc difference).

And yes, a stainless bracelet from Omega runs around CHF 1'000.. I got a new stainless bracelet (Made In Switzerland) for my early 2000s Speedy Day Date a few months ago for CHF 700 from the AD. I'll write about that story another day.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear that Chaz!

Sounds to me like the AD forgot to add their margin on top and originally quoted you their reseller price, not the retail price. Was the quote for the bracelet in writing, or over the phone? If in writing, you could force their hand maybe?

I hate to make you feel worse, but I learned a while ago, always buy a watch with the bracelet first, and then "downgrade" to a Nato or Rubber later as they are infinitely less expensive. For example, on the Swiss Omega online store, a Seamaster 300m with a rubber strap is CHF 4'850, and the same watch with a stainless bracelet is CHF 5'150 (300 franc difference).

And yes, a stainless bracelet from Omega runs around CHF 1'000.. I got a new stainless bracelet (Made In Switzerland) for my early 2000s Speedy Day Date a few months ago for CHF 700 from the AD. I'll write about that story another day.
They didn't have a bracelet model in stock, that's the problem. I wonder what the strap would cost me from Omega after the fact?

·
Registered
305 Posts
They didn't have a bracelet model in stock, that's the problem. I wonder what the strap would cost me from Omega after the fact?
The Nato from Omega is available for CHF 160 from their online shop (+/- USD 160). The silicone strap, if I recall, was somewhere around CHF 300 to CHF 350? I may be wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts