Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Rip is under the hot seat, my division is down 1.3 million with a net loss of 6%!!! The owner is walking around here pissed off. Holy crap I hate this economic down turn. Just got out of a Big meeting and it was announced that There will be some management changes happening!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Good luck Ron. I hope it all works out well for you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
imported post

Join the club Ron. Had one of those meeting myself this week!! Seems to be going around everywhere!!

Jeff

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Ron its not your fault the economy is down its the goverments. hope everything goes well for you

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

djpop wrote:
Ron its not your fault the economy is down its the goverments. hope everything goes well for you
I sure wish I could use that as an excuse DJ, but that $hit wont cut it in corp America my freind!

the big Issue is I am a financial liability being the highest paid employee in the company with the biggest loosing division!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Argghhh!! Rip, sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will not be a part of those "changes" . Thinking good thoughts for you bro!!:b

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
Rip is under the hot seat, my division is down 1.3 million with a net loss of 6%!!! The owner is walking around here pissed off. Holy crap I hate this economic down turn. Just got out of a Big meeting and it was announced that There will be some management changes happening!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Ron, your company knows what you are capable of producing for them. They also realize how the economy is now.Your company must realizeit is a matter of time before the economy changes for the better. Wishing you the best. ....Bob

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I'm sure there's a reason WHY you are the highest paid in the company -if they are smart -their not going to throw talent out the door because of temporary economic issues

i'll send some KARMA your way Brotha!!!

Hang Tough!!

RipitRon wrote:
I sure wish I could use that as an excuse DJ, but that $hit wont cut it in corp America my freind!

the big Issue is I am a financial liability being the highest paid employee in the company with the biggest loosing division!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

WoW so sorry to hear this Ron...I wish you all the best brutha...Hopefully things will turn around and it will be ok for you. Just keep positive and a boat load of Karma will come your way....Keep us posted

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I feel your distress Brother Ron. Things are slow all over. We dumped 7 people earlier this year, two were 30 year men and a couple others had 10-15 years. We just had a 5% pay cut announced for January.

I'm in the same boat as you . . . in as much as I was recruited, brought in at an elevated pay gradeand considered overpaid by other staff. And since I don't play office politics and am aggressive on the job . . . they would rather have seen me out the door . . . At least I know what I'm worth . . . 5%!!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Well I have been told I have 90 days too turn this around, along with a 10% pay decrease. Hmmmmmmm I Guess I need to pay more attention to those who have been after me for the last year! I dont really have a huuuge problem with the decrease in pay, I can survive that ordeal, but turn a train wreck around in 90 daus is BS!!!:madd

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Every think about calling there bluff? I am!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
. . . BINGO!!!!! That's just what I did!!!!! I wasn't looking for a job when I got htis one. . . . . Who do they run to when things are REALLY screwed-up???? AND they don't want to be the unpopular one?????

Guess Who. . . . ?!?!?!?!?!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Not good Rip, sorry again. Take a deep breath, assess the situation and do what you know to be the best thing.
Pullin for ya man!!!

CJ

RipitRon wrote:

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

if you call the bluff it can only go one of 2 ways. They either show you respect deserved from your experience or..... they show you the door.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Well let me see I am home right now so what do you think Rip did? Thats right I walked!!!

You know I have no problem what so ever of taking the blame when it is my bad, but I will not take it when it is out of my control.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Holy $hit . . . you quit!?!?!?!

That took balls!

WOW!

RipitRon wrote:
Well let me see I am home right now so what do you think Rip did? Thats right I walked!!!

You know I have no problem what so ever of taking the blame when it is my bad, but I will not take it when it is out of my control.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Dude!!! Big props for the mega-gigantor huevos......but,but, but... are you cool?

I have faith in you Bro!

Man....I am speechless!!

CJ

RipitRon wrote:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts