Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Any baseball fans here? My Yankees are really starting to play well. Just overpowering other teams and taking series after series.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Looks like that payroll is paying off! If the Angels can get past Boston, your boys could be in trouble; assuming they get into the 2nd round.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

This could be our year again...finally. All that money we better make it to the series.

·
Registered
26 Posts
imported post

Persoally I have Yankee toilet paper in the bathroom and love the Red Sox but Im a loyal fan from Boston (lol). To be honest I have a dear family friend who plays for the dreaded Yankees and with this being the first season in the new park and Jeter breaking the all time Yankees hit record if they won it all I wouldnt be all that heart broken. I would prefer to see the Sox get it but lately they haven't been playing like they really want it

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Very cool - who is the deal family friend who plays for the Yankees? Which player?

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

i hate the yankees - evil empire all the way around. 200+ million dollar payroll is crazy.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

OK i say its time to BASH "liquid" as he is a YANKEE hater and this is a YANKEE sponsored site !!!

oops wrong site - J/K dude!!

hate is a strong word = i used to be a Yankee fan many years ago -until i got tired of GS's BS

with all the money spent -i would REQUIRE them to win every year!!

kinda crazy !!

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

i am proud to be a yankee hater. proud proud proud, lol

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

It would be nice to see a Red Sox World Series win sometime in my lifetime!!

i used to hate them (Red Sox) -they had some great players though!!! it was alot of fun back in the day!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Love the Yankees....really got into them when I lived in CT a few years back but my heart is still with the Cincinnati Reds. There is always next year and the year after that and so on..........

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

do you remeber the BIG RED MACHINE?? or is that B4 UR time??

back in 76 or 77 my yanks went to the World Series against them

4 game sweep -they were UN-BEATABLE - Pete Rose & company!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
do you remeber the BIG RED MACHINE?? or is that B4 UR time??

back in 76 or 77 my yanks went to the World Series against them

4 game sweep -they were UN-BEATABLE - Pete Rose & company!!
Not before my time........I was just old enough to really understand and appreciate it. I don't remember quite as well as 1990 obviously but do recall it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

The Big Red Machine was almost an entire TEAM of Hall of Fame players at every position. That was an incredible team - like MANY Yankees teams of the past, lol

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

yeah i used to be able to name them all -now i forget but you're right i think 90% of them are in the hall of fame (the REDS) -ans some of the yanks too from that time

my fav Yankee was THURM!!!

TVDinner wrote:
The Big Red Machine was almost an entire TEAM of Hall of Fame players at every position. That was an incredible team - like MANY Yankees teams of the past, lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/7qtB_XSbWw0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/ANH7LZrci90&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Something we are going to be hearing A LOT in the coming weeks!!!!!

Great win last night!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/tg28MFD1R84&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

I kinda feel like an outsider here. You don't mind if I just say a few words do you????

GO PHILLIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

mikeizzy wrote:
I can't wait till the Yanks get knocked out!!!!
Exactly my sentiment, but if the Angels don't pull their heads out this afternoon, it's a wrap! I'm a big A-Rod fan and that dude is kiilin' everybody. You can't sneak a heat piece past him and he can hit the ball out of the yard to all fields. Definitely the most dangerous man in the lineup. If that cat continues to do what he's doing, I'm gonna have to hear that GD Frank Sinatra song again!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts