Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watch: Xeric Trappist with Quarts movement.

Size: aprox 45mm, 47mm w/crown.

Cost: $250.00 with a $50.00 instant discount, $200.00 shipped

Shipping time: 6.5 Months via USPS.

My thoughts:
a unique watch well made, securely packaged with, 1 year warranty. Very confertable, nice dome acrylic crystal, the leather embossed strap is really stiff but should get flexible over time. The second hand is a complete constellation ( not sure which one) lume doesn't last very long but I didn't charge it for a real long time. The hour and minute hand are represented by two round planets and are fairly easy to read. The face mocks the international space station viewing window which is really neat!!

All in all it was worth the wait!

On to the pics!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: rh747m

Registered
I read on the site that they would be shipping the last of the "rewards". So I knew you would be getting yours soon. They should have given us like half our money back as a "reward".
A very kind review. Mine will not be so nice for the automatic. Once I get around to it. Anyway, I glad you finally got it. Congrats and enjoy...馃榿

Super Moderator
Just saw your post directing us over here from 'Couldn't Help Myself'
Dennis, and got here as quick as I could ! 馃槂 Yeah, boy oh boy really
was worth that 6.5 months to be 100% honest. It sounds funny to say
right?! 馃槃But just seeing your fantastic pictures, and hearing your
review, and what you think of it, it seems to be beyond cool !! 馃槑馃槑

Wow, can't believe the dial both in the light, and the dark ! 馃槷 What
a treat, and show it puts on Dennis. Don't think have ever seen such
dynamic lume really. Love that space station window crystal, and
just case-back too ! ..Oh , and the strap will feel fine after a while.
Enjoy, and a HUGE congrats finally 2 U there !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Update: the battery already died, didn't even last a year? From the shipping time (7 months), to this dead battery already i wouldn't recommend this watch or any other watch from this company.

Super Moderator
Update: the battery already died, didn't even last a year? From the shipping time (7 months), to this dead battery already i wouldn't recommend this watch or any other watch from this company.

馃槯Oh man, that is a real shame Dennis. So so sorry about everything.
It really just sounds like this watch was an out, and out nightmare from
the very beginning like you said. With the battery being the last straw
here. What's sad is you were really looking forward to the watch, as
well as experiencing the brand. You wanted to like both, and now you
like neither. 馃様Sorry about all of the stress, and everything sir.

Hopefully there's a new watch on the horizon that puts a smile on your
face. 馃檪And who knows, maybe you'll eventually enjoy this one down
the road also. ..In any case, thanks a ton for the update on this one !!!

Registered
Sorry to hear. Especially after a crazy-long wait. I missed this post five months ago, just seeing the pics now - this strap is genuine leather?
It looks like plastic in this shot, though maybe just the shiny finish is tricking me:

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear. Especially after a crazy-long wait. I missed this post five months ago, just seeing the pics now - this strap is genuine leather?
It looks like plastic in this shot, though maybe just the shiny finish is tricking me:

Surprisingly the band is pretty nice.and it is leather.

Reactions: rh747m

Registered

It's actually a Horween. Supposed to be among the best leather money can buy. But, I have one of these watches too. I don't know if they use a sealant or something on the edges. But compared to other leather straps I own. This one does come off looking like plastic.
Dennis, the battery life was probably half gone when you got it seeing that it took so long to get here. Still one of my greatest disappointments in watch buying.馃槚

Registered
Yeh it鈥檚 Burnishing, often beeswax that鈥檚 been polished, agree many of us prefer the exposed leather look, but this should help protect the leather over time and reduce water Ingres and rotting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts