Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Blog is active.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
imported post

Good day everyone, my day started with a phone call telling me I was being laid off. Always love when that happens but, it opens a whole world of new experiences up for me so I thought I would share. Spent time on the phone with some health ins companies because got to make sure that gets squared away. Then I strapped my trusty Patek on and went to fed ex and mailed my former company their stuff back. Who knows what Friday will bring.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
imported post

I am very sorry to here that. It is very tough out there. Good luck getting something new. In the mean time get your unemployment set up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,651 Posts
imported post

Every year around the holidays, I hear this same thing from friends, family. You're looking forward to buying presents for Christmas and then this happens.

It happened to me just about every year, (construction work) and could never get used to it
Until I blew out my shoulder and couldn't do that work anymore.

New beginning is the best way to look at it. All the possibilities.

Best of luck, and keep us informed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
imported post

Man that sucks. I hate it when companies wait until this time of year to start doing lay-offs. One year, the company I worked for flat out fired 6 people at the company Christmas party on December 23rd.

Hopefully you will be able to find something relatively soon. Best of luck to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the thoughts, I am sure there will be many days when I will feel down, I am just trying to stay positive. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, for better or worse this Blog will be along for the ride
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry to hear this news. It is far too common these days. They say when one door closes another door opens. I hope you find that open door soon. Good luck and we will be here for support along the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
imported post

hating life right now, it just hit me that my morning sales appointment that I spent about a dozen calls to get is not going to happen.....Ugh...I hate wasted energy. Got to get used to being unemployed. It is just that not having something to do goes against my nature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
imported post

Wow, first time in over 17 years that I did not know were my next paycheck was going to come from. Oh yeah, the state, unemployment, a whopping $275 bucks. I think I will wear the yachtmaster in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
imported post

I was laid off from an engineering position over ten years ago....It was then that I promised my self that I would make my own pay check from that day forward!....I started a company called Texas Curb n Borders.....I made more than three times my yearly earnings in less than a year...in My first year! Make the best of it......I wish you all the best! My prayers go out to you! ....my web site www.texascurbnborders.com

Now is the time to make a move!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

WWIIBuff wrote:
hating life right now, it just hit me that my morning sales appointment that I spent about a dozen calls to get is not going to happen.....Ugh...I hate wasted energy. Got to get used to being unemployed. It is just that not having something to do goes against my nature.
I can't imagine anything scarier then losing my job or source of income right now. Personally I do not know what I would do. I wont say a bunch of things that you probably don't want to hear anyway, but I will say this - you will end up on your feet eventually. No matter how terrible it feels right now at this second in time, that will be replaced by the complete opposite feeling when you find something new. I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
imported post

Agreed!!

TVDinner wrote:
WWIIBuff wrote:
hating life right now, it just hit me that my morning sales appointment that I spent about a dozen calls to get is not going to happen.....Ugh...I hate wasted energy. Got to get used to being unemployed. It is just that not having something to do goes against my nature.
I can't imagine anything scarier then losing my job or source of income right now. Personally I do not know what I would do. I wont say a bunch of things that you probably don't want to hear anyway, but I will say this - you will end up on your feet eventually. No matter how terrible it feels right now at this second in time, that will be replaced by the complete opposite feeling when you find something new. I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
imported post

Some very interesting movies on late night cable:madd

With that said I settled on watching some show on UFOs on the History Channel. This is going to be a long night.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I love the history channel. Sometimes they have a string of shows on that just suck me in and then I watch hours of it. Interesting stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
imported post

WWIIBuff wrote:
Good day everyone, my day started with a phone call telling me I was being laid off. Always love when that happens but, it opens a whole world of new experiences up for me so I thought I would share. Spent time on the phone with some health ins companies because got to make sure that gets squared away. Then I strapped my trusty Patek on and went to fed ex and mailed my former company their stuff back. Who knows what Friday will bring.:)
This is sad news . . . sorry to hear it!

I wish you luck finding a new job! . . . and very soon! :c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,803 Posts
imported post

Man sorry about the bad news but like marc said, one door closes, and another one opens. Hope you find work soon. And I love watching Ancient Aliens...That show rocks.
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top