Watch Freeks banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Every once and awhile you have to pull out the fake and check it out, see it's about 98% of the Real McCoy (except for not being solid white gold) and come to the conclusion that the real Rip Off artists aren't the Chinese Fakes which can be had for less than $700, with a build quality that is almost the exact copy of the real thing, it's the real thing that is the Ultimate Rip Off. $12,000 for a watch that can be replicated almost to the exact cosmetic specifications for probably around $300. Mine has an ETA 2836 Movement in it, so it is actually a fair timekeeper.

Rolex Kool-Aid is powerful stuff, but after you realize that they aren't really that much better then any Swiss watch costing $3k and under, you come out of your coma. I own a real Sub 16610, it resides in a safe deposit box back in Chicago, I paid $1,500 for that watch back in 1996, clunky hollow link bracelet and all. For less than $1,500 you could pick up a Steinhart or Squale homage that is actually a better-built watch, perhaps you could pick both of them for under $1,500.

I would never, ever purchase another Rolex product! My wife is coming into a hefty inheritance and offered to purchase me a watch of my choice, anything under $15K I am picking up either an Omega Seamaster 300 2018 model or perhaps a Grand Seiko Spring Drive.
Wow!!! Enjoy your hunt! The possibilities are almost endless.

Reactions: AtomicTom

·
Registered
385 Posts
changed to this one for dinner with youngest daughter. Have not seen her in months due the pandemic

Must be great to see her again!! (y)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Must be great to see her again!! (y)
it is. She is a surgical resident and has stayed away to protect me from covid. My eldest daughter moved into my home to help me recover from an accident caused by a drunk driver. She decided to stay around, free rent, free food. Well, perhaps she was worried about dad. Between coma, septic shock, embolism and more it was a bit annoying for all involved. Luckily all my kids took turns helping out. My youngest told me it was good training for her medical career. Their mother would be proud of them all.

·
Registered
385 Posts
it is. She is a surgical resident and has stayed away to protect me from covid. My eldest daughter moved into my home to help me recover from an accident caused by a drunk driver. She decided to stay around, free rent, free food. Well, perhaps she was worried about dad. Between coma, septic shock, embolism and more it was a bit annoying for all involved. Luckily all my kids took turns helping out. My youngest told me it was good training for her medical career. Their mother would be proud of them all.
Sounds like you have some great kids. Sorry to hear about the accident and all the problems it caused for you. Please tell me the drunk driver spent time in jail?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sounds like you have some great kids. Sorry to hear about the accident and all the problems it caused for you. Please tell me the drunk driver spent time in jail?
he was killed In the accident. Most of my kids are great, one of them and his wife are not my cup of tea but are welcomed anyway.

·
Registered
385 Posts
he was killed In the accident. Most of my kids are great, one of them and his wife are not my cup of tea but are welcomed anyway.
Sorry to hear he was killed. So often that's not the case and drunk drivers end up fine while hurting or killing innocent people.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts