·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sporting one of my favorites, Citizen "Orca" great day to all

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
The one that started my obsession in the 80's.......

IMG_20200729_131558334.jpg

·
Registered
4,771 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Reactions: AtomicTom

·
Registered
314 Posts
My Wednesday WOTD, The Stuhrling Watch, Devilray Tourbillon - Bronze, Limited Edition. This beautiful dial and escapement, chases all the mid-week blues away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
That's a great looking fake you got there. Thought you'd sport one of your Vostok's since they're the "real thing". :D
Every once and awhile you have to pull out the fake and check it out, see it's about 98% of the Real McCoy (except for not being solid white gold) and come to the conclusion that the real Rip Off artists aren't the Chinese Fakes which can be had for less than $700, with a build quality that is almost the exact copy of the real thing, it's the real thing that is the Ultimate Rip Off. $12,000 for a watch that can be replicated almost to the exact cosmetic specifications for probably around $300. Mine has an ETA 2836 Movement in it, so it is actually a fair timekeeper.

Rolex Kool-Aid is powerful stuff, but after you realize that they aren't really that much better then any Swiss watch costing $3k and under, you come out of your coma. I own a real Sub 16610, it resides in a safe deposit box back in Chicago, I paid $1,500 for that watch back in 1996, clunky hollow link bracelet and all. For less than $1,500 you could pick up a Steinhart or Squale homage that is actually a better-built watch, perhaps you could pick both of them for under $1,500.

I would never, ever purchase another Rolex product! My wife is coming into a hefty inheritance and offered to purchase me a watch of my choice, anything under $15K I am picking up either an Omega Seamaster 300 2018 model or perhaps a Grand Seiko Spring Drive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts