Watch Freeks banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Watch Freek
1,387 Posts

This one from Carol. It was 15 years ago today that she passed away. I wear this watch only on very special days.

You can pay the city to light up the bridge for you. Portland Memorial Bridge lit up in Green and Yellow. Her green eyes and her favorite color.

Love the bridge! What a great way to memorialize her.

Reactions: AtomicTom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Continuing with this newbies story ...

Back in the early 70s I had a few expensive (on a soldiers salary) watches - but was always disappointed with their time-keeping. When accurate cheap quartz watches eventually came out I gleefully! joined their ranks. However eventually - my everyday carry of a smartphone put them all to rest.

I went naked for many years, but ... about a year and a half ago I purchased a motorhome and its clock always needed to be reset; and fumbling with my phone - while driving this beast - didn't suit me. After several months that led me to search for a small cheap analog wrist watch.

Nothing in Walmart appealed to me so off to Amazon I went. LOTS of possibilities - until I read the user reviews. Climbing up the price chart I eventually found (and fell in love) with a Lorus Field Watch. They came with lots of happy comments.

Earlier this evening I retired one of my Boldr watches for this Lorus Lumibrite Field watch. While it doesn't get the love it originally did I still like it.

Attachments

·
Long Time Member
435 Posts
That watch is stunning!
Very nice! Now that's something special to have in your collection!
Thank you guys, I can't remember the year these were made for only 50 people here on the forum. (Might be 9 or 10 years ago) First come, first served... I was one of the lucky ones! Maybe it's time to get a new batch made? :p

·
Watch Freek
1,387 Posts
Continuing with this newbies story ...

Back in the early 70s I had a few expensive (on a soldiers salary) watches - but was always disappointed with their time-keeping. When accurate cheap quartz watches eventually came out I gleefully! joined their ranks. However eventually - my everyday carry of a smartphone put them all to rest.

I went naked for many years, but ... about a year and a half ago I purchased a motorhome and its clock always needed to be reset; and fumbling with my phone - while driving this beast - didn't suit me. After several months that led me to search for a small cheap analog wrist watch.

Nothing in Walmart appealed to me so off to Amazon I went. LOTS of possibilities - until I read the user reviews. Climbing up the price chart I eventually found (and fell in love) with a Lorus Field Watch. They came with lots of happy comments.

Earlier this evening I retired one of my Boldr watches for this Lorus Lumibrite Field watch. While it doesn't get the love it originally did I still like it.
Nice looking watch! Reminds me of an Alba field watch I saw on another forum.

·
Watch Freek
1,387 Posts
Thank you guys, I can't remember the year these were made for only 50 people here on the forum. (Might be 9 or 10 years ago) First come, first served... I was one of the lucky ones! Maybe it's time to get a new batch made? :p
What a neat thing to do!!! 👍

21 - 25 of 25 Posts