Watch Freeks banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Grazie - as you might guess, they stuck the ubiquitous Seiko NH35 in there.
Great movement! That's what my San Martin 62 MAS has and it's running an avg rate of +0.7 s/d after 8 days. Impressive accuracy!!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Great movement! That's what my San Martin 62 MAS has and it's running an avg rate of +0.7 s/d after 8 days. Impressive accuracy!!!
I have quite a few micro brands using that movement and they're all well within my fairly easy going expectations. Side note: my new Citizen Eco-Drive is keeping astonishingly good time, +/- less than a tiny fraction of a second in 4 days. It is neck and neck with my atomic clock adjusted solar G-Shock. And I wore it in the lake yesterday with my kids, lots of underwater time with no fogging under the crystal! Citizen might edge out the QC at Omega ;-)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have quite a few micro brands using that movement and they're all well within my fairly easy going expectations. Side note: my new Citizen Eco-Drive is keeping astonishingly good time, +/- less than a tiny fraction of a second in 4 days. It is neck and neck with my atomic clock adjusted solar G-Shock. And I wore it in the lake yesterday with my kids, lots of underwater time with no fogging under the crystal! Citizen might edge out the QC at Omega ;-)
I'm not surprised to hear that. 10 years ago most of my collection consisted of Citizen Eco-Drive watches and a few Seiko's here and there. They are amazingly accurate and their divers are perfect for watersports. Be careful with that bezel though because it scratches easily......at least that was my experience.

Reactions: AtomicTom

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'm not surprised to hear that. 10 years ago most of my collection consisted of Citizen Eco-Drive watches and a few Seiko's here and there. They are amazingly accurate and their divers are perfect for watersports. Be careful with that bezel though because it scratches easily......at least that was my experience.
Steer clear of the coral reef? Good to know really, maybe a thin silkscreen sort of thing (not likely). I've scratched a bezel or two but it took an idiotic maneuver on my part.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Think I scratched mine against some machinery while auditing a factory. My stupidity since I should have taken the watch off before heading out to the production floor. My OCD would kick in and I couldn't unsee that damn scratch!!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Nothing like dropping 5 grand on a watch called The Seamaster. And have it die the first time you take it in an 8ft pool...lol ! Now THAT, is priceless. Or is it ironic ??? 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Nothing like dropping 5 grand on a watch called The Seamaster. And have it die the first time you take it in an 8ft pool...lol ! Now THAT, is priceless. Or is it ironic ??? 🤣🤣🤣
I have to say, I almost expect problems with luxury brands. I had a Breitling (most expensive watch I've ever purchased) that got fog under the crystal with NO underwater time, just rain/humidity. It was a turd that went back and forth across continents before I sold the thing and returned to my Seiko roots. My battered SKX can dive all day.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
An unexpected new favorite

Take one of those over an 8 series Miyota any day and twice on Sunday. However, I now own both Citizen and Seiko solar watches. IMO, Seiko drove right by them about two years ago. To get a full charge on a Citizen, you need a good 10hrs of good sunlight. The Seiko's seem to get by on much less, charge faster and have better power saving modes.
But that's a winner you have there. 200 meters... All day long.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Take one of those over an 8 series Miyota any day and twice on Sunday. However, I now own both Citizen and Seiko solar watches. IMO, Seiko drove right by them about two years ago. To get a full charge on a Citizen, you need a good 10hrs of good sunlight. The Seiko's seem to get by on much less, charge faster and have better power saving modes.
But that's a winner you have there. 200 meters... All day long.
I own Citizen and Seiko Solar watches too and my vote for best solar goes to Citizen. I say that because I had a Seiko Solar dive watch die on me a few years back and had to toss it and I've never been let down by a Citizen Eco-Drive.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts