Registered
5,311 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Interesting contrast! What's the difference between your watch and the one Reflex has? I see yours has a shark on the dial while the other has "Seiko" and one is 150m and the other is 200m. Is yours a Seiko with different branding?
Steve's watch is an authentic, period Seiko whilst mine is an 'homage' made by Heimdallr. It contains a Seiko movement and I bought a genuine Seiko strap for it but that's about all that's 'real'. With danger of coming over like a shill for this brand, all I can say the quality you get for your money is above par. Fit and finish good, AR coated sapphire crystal, nice hand set. I recently purchased my fourth watch from this brand. I can tell you more but then I REALLY will sound like a shill :)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Intrigued as I am by this stunner I did some research. CWC stands for Cabot Watch Company (but you must know this already) and that in itself is not special. What is special (to me at least) is that they have started to produce this watch again. The CWC Mellor-72 Mechanical.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The CWC Mellor-72 Mechanical.
Yes, Ray Mellor took over with his own brand, CWC, after Hamilton lost the contract to produce these for the British Army I believe is how it went and now they're producing them again, but for similar money you can get an original.

You probably remember I started a thread on mine, when I was giddy and waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Yes, Ray Mellor took over with his own brand, CWC, after Hamilton lost the contract to produce these for the British Army I believe is how it went and now they're producing them again, but for similar money you can get an original.

You probably remember I started a thread on mine, when I was giddy and waiting for it to arrive.
Yes, I do remember. They are US$ 570 new. (GBP 449).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Steve's watch is an authentic, period Seiko whilst mine is an 'homage' made by Heimdallr. It contains a Seiko movement and I bought a genuine Seiko strap for it but that's about all that's 'real'. With danger of coming over like a shill for this brand, all I can say the quality you get for your money is above par. Fit and finish good, AR coated sapphire crystal, nice hand set. I recently purchased my fourth watch from this brand. I can tell you more but then I REALLY will sound like a shill :)
Ahh yes.....Heimdallr!!!! I remember that name from a post the other day. I'm amazed at how closely it resembles the authentic Seiko. Do you order them directly from Heimdallr?

·
Registered
221 Posts

Awesome watch!! Timeless design.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts