Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wearing a Citizen diver today.

Wow!!! That's a beautiful Citizen. I'm not familiar with this model. Can you tell me more about it? Is it a current model sold in the US? I like the fact that it's an automatic. My Citizen divers are all Eco-Drive. Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow!!! That's a beautiful Citizen. I'm not familiar with this model. Can you tell me more about it? Is it a current model sold in the US? I like the fact that it's an automatic. My Citizen divers are all Eco-Drive. Thanks!
Thanks, it is model #NY0040-17L. I bought it from internet retailer "Pokemonyu" in 2010 for $78USD. At the same time I also bought the Ti model #NY0054. I swapped the straps between the two models as the 040 originally came on a blue strap and the 054 on a black strap. I think that they look better on the swapped straps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks, it is model #NY0040-17L. I bought it from internet retailer "Pokemonyu" in 2010 for $78USD. At the same time I also bought the Ti model #NY0054. I swapped the straps between the two models as the 040 originally came on a blue strap and the 054 on a black strap. I think that they look better on the swapped straps.
Sounds like you got a killer deal on the watch. Did you buy it new for $78? Why is the crown at the 8 o'clock position?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like you got a killer deal on the watch. Did you buy it new for $78? Why is the crown at the 8 o'clock position?
Yes, I bought it new. I think that it was considered to be a good deal at the time. The crown at 8 o'clock is called a "lefty" watch and is not uncommon. I have two "leftys" in my collection.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, I bought it new. I think that it was considered to be a good deal at the time. The crown at 8 o'clock is called a "lefty" watch and is not uncommon. I have two "leftys" in my collection.
Nice! Now I have an excuse to buy another watch for my collection since I don't have a "lefty". :)(y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts