Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks like ultra cool mode continues for you there Chaz, and Forza !! :cool: ;)

The head turning will be in full swing on your end today I'd say guys !!! 😵 🤯

It's setting up to be an SKX Saturday here. Hope all of you can have a
nice relaxing weekend ! 🙂(y)

Nice SKX Tom and that nylon strap looks great on it. Is that the standard crystal or did you replace it with a sapphire crystal? I ask because the crystal appears slightly domed in the photos.

·
Registered
196 Posts
For Saturday, so happy to finally receive this timepiece, especially after over 2 months without any tracking updates. Welcoming another vintage piece to the fold, the Zenith Surf.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Nice watch!!! Love the elegance and simplicity of the dial. Reminds me of my first Seiko watch. What year model is it? Did you find it on eBay?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Nice Seiko!!! What model is it? Has it been modified?
That's an SBDC001 - the original "Sumo" model. I did change the bezel insert, the stock insert's numeral font always seemed a bit cartoon-ish to me. The new Sumo has made that change as well actually, but they slapped a Prospex "X" on that one...

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's an SBDC001 - the original "Sumo" model. I did change the bezel insert, the stock insert's numeral font always seemed a bit cartoon-ish to me. The new Sumo has made that change as well actually, but they slapped a Prospex "X" on that one...
I see why you changed the bezel insert......what you have looks much better. I saw this one just now on my Google search and I love it!!!

Seiko_Sumo_Black__40645.1578942179.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,648 Posts
Nice SKX Tom and that nylon strap looks great on it. Is that the standard crystal or did you replace it with a sapphire crystal? I ask because the crystal appears slightly domed in the photos.

Hey, thanks Rob ! 🙂 That is a ToxicNATOs NATO from Terry, aka
(toxicavenger over at The Dive Watch Connection), and the watch
was actually a watch I one from him. 😀(y)So I am not actually
sure if the crystal has been replaced. But I think it is the original.

Thanks once again !!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts