Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never thought i would buy a 2300 USD quartz watch that you need to send to Germany for a battery change but I did. I got mine for 900 bucks. Interestingly the hardened tegimented bezel has a few nice scratches but the u boat submarine steel case is mint and its 7 years old' The dial also has a little air bubble that pops up from time to time and is super cool to me .

·
Registered
677 Posts
never thought i would buy a 2300 USD quartz watch that you need to send to Germany for a battery change but I did. I got mine for 900 bucks. Interestingly the hardened tegimented bezel has a few nice scratches but the u boat submarine steel case is mint and its 7 years old' The dial also has a little air bubble that pops up from time to time and is super cool to me .
Is the air bubble supposed to be there? I thought I read once that the bubble is in there to compensate for expansion caused by temperature changes. It gets bigger or smaller based on the pressure inside the watch...

I don't know it's true but it makes sense

·
Registered
11,016 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe the air bubble isn't supposed to be there. The pressure inside the case is controlled by the back of the watch case which is flexible and will expand with the pressure

Is the air bubble supposed to be there? I thought I read once that the bubble is in there to compensate for expansion caused by temperature changes. It gets bigger or smaller based on the pressure inside the watch...

I don't know it's true but it makes sense

1 - 19 of 19 Posts