Watch Freeks banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Now way!
It's great if I get caught in the rain, no worries, but I'd never subject it to water intentionally. Without a screw down crown, how do you know when the seal's gone bad? I like your white dial a lot, that one always grabs my attention, I'm not sure how I'd fancy a light colored dial though, I'll get one some day and see how it feels.
I was just curious since I've heard of some people taking their KFM's swimming. Not me though. I have several dive watches for that. I love my white dial but I have to say I'm craving the blacked out one too. This damn sickness!!!!

Registered
Well as Gary said, the name of the company is Barton. Chazman got me hooked on them. They were one of the first companies to come out with the quick change system in bulk. I mostly buy canvas and sailcloth from them off ebay. They are very well made, you can take them in water. I've never had one pop off on me yet. Their khaki canvas is a bit darker than the NATO you have on your Hammy.
The Bulova you speak of is a very well preserved 1961 military version. It has a 35mm case as opposed to the hacks 39. It has a mechanical movement with dust shield that hacks and keeps great time. It was a great acquisition that I will never part with.

Hammy mechanical on Barton Khaki Canvas...
That Hammy looks great on the canvas. Love that '61 Bulova.....where did you find that beauty? I'm still craving the new Hack.....it's on my short list.

Registered
Well as Gary said, the name of the company is Barton. Chazman got me hooked on them. They were one of the first companies to come out with the quick change system in bulk. I mostly buy canvas and sailcloth from them off ebay. They are very well made, you can take them in water. I've never had one pop off on me yet. Their khaki canvas is a bit darker than the NATO you have on your Hammy.
The Bulova you speak of is a very well preserved 1961 military version. It has a 35mm case as opposed to the hacks 39. It has a mechanical movement with dust shield that hacks and keeps great time. It was a great acquisition that I will never part with.

Hammy mechanical on Barton Khaki Canvas...
Chaching! That's the one, and I figured you wouldn't part with it. That is a special piece, it has to be rare.
How many field watches do you have?
Barton it is, I'll check them out more extensively.
Thanx fo, I hope you have the best weekend, with climate control this round.

Registered

Registered

Registered
I love my white dial but I have to say I'm craving the blacked out one too. This damn sickness!!!!
50mms of yes-yes-yes! Stem wind2 (I just love them!) and that H50 engine touts an 80 reserve. I read the H50 can come with or without a date wheel. 24mm lugs...come on, who wouldn't love this beast.
I would've bought it the first time I saw it, after reading the specs I was hooked. My wife even tried to get me to just get it, but I know it's lugs would hang over my puny wrist. The small version just doest present the same to me.

Registered
Still breaking this guy in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
50mms of yes-yes-yes! Stem wind2 (I just love them!) and that H50 engine touts an 80 reserve. I read the H50 can come with or without a date wheel. 24mm lugs...come on, who wouldn't love this beast.
I would've bought it the first time I saw it, after reading the specs I was hooked. My wife even tried to get me to just get it, but I know it's lugs would hang over my puny wrist. The small version just doest present the same to me.

Looks great in the pics, but I always wondered if it鈥檚 practical on the wrist, I. E. Can you tell the time by glancing at it? And, black lume?
But, I have to agree, it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

Registered

Love it but that one's too big for me but the black version of my 38mm is not. I think now I'm leaning more towards the Bulova Hack with white dial. Christmas is just around the corner now!!

Registered
Looks great in the pics, but I always wondered if it鈥檚 practical on the wrist, I. E. Can you tell the time by glancing at it? And, black lume?
But, I have to agree, it looks great!
I hear ya. I wondered about that black lum too. They make it sound good, I can't find a video to see it more realistically, and there aren't any lum shots to be had either.
I'm not a fashion watch guy, I want function and it's hard to tell if it's legible at a glance, which matters.
With the size I'm afraid it'll strike me as a fashion piece on my wrist. Still, my wife just encouraged me to get one and see if it's all that I think it is. If I ate shipping, it might be worth it.
I'm going to sleep on it.
I could probably slip into a new SPB143 for that price; I'd love that without a doubt. Or, an Eterna I'm hanging on.

Registered
Reactions: AtomicTom

Registered
Nice watch! "Watchfreeks"?? What's the story behind that?
Years ago (maybe 9 or so) the powers to be on this forum decided to have a limited edition watch made, 50 pieces, At that time I happen to be able to pick up number 44. As I recall Boschett only made the eggshell white dial Cave Dweller for us, not to be sold to the general public. Don't know if that still holds true.

Registered
Years ago (maybe 9 or so) the powers to be on this forum decided to have a limited edition watch made, 50 pieces, At that time I happen to be able to pick up number 44. As I recall Boschett only made the eggshell white dial Cave Dweller for us, not to be sold to the general public. Don't know if that still holds true.
Long before my time but very cool!! What a great watch!!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts