·
Registered
670 Posts
SeaRam500Friday

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Boschett L.E. "Watch Freeks" Cave Dweller

That's like a blast from the past Surely. That was my favorite a few years back. All that girth of steel with the perfect blue on eggshell, they really did that right. I could take that dial and hand set to a number of pieces. Thanks for throwing that one up, good memories.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Glycine Combat 6 on Barton Chocolate Brown Canvas for Friday.

Who makes this strap and what's your take on it?
Love this Combat by the way, and now I have to hunt up the '68 you posted some time back. I didn't know if it was the new Hack or the original, I thought original but that was superb and I had to keep it moving.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Love this Combat by the way, and now I have to hunt up the '68 you posted some time back. I didn't know if it was the new Hack or the original, I thought original but that was superb and I had to keep it moving.
It's a Barton strap. I don't have this strap, but I have several other quick releases by them and they make a nice strap. They come in a variety of lug width sizes and colors, as well as with different clasp color options (usually brushed/polished stainless and black pvd).

·
Registered
907 Posts
That's a beast Artemis, now that's a tool watch.
Hammy-time. Have a fine Friday gents!
Looks good! I know they're rated 50m but I'm afraid to take mine swimming. Have you had yours in water?

·
Registered
907 Posts
My trusty SKX that will always be a part of my collection.

IMG_20201022_144649556.jpg

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
It's a Barton strap. I don't have this strap, but I have several other quick releases by them and they make a nice strap. They come in a variety of lug width sizes and colors, as well as with different clasp color options (usually brushed/polished stainless and black pvd).

I was just in a shop checking out watches, new and preowned. They have a Barton rounder and nothing that matched my little Hammy. I'm looking for something darker. This light color's a great match but it's odd seeing a light colored strap. I'll check Bartons page. I haven't seen this brown dial with anything other than this light strap, maybe it's best.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Have you had yours in water?
Now way!
It's great if I get caught in the rain, no worries, but I'd never subject it to water intentionally. Without a screw down crown, how do you know when the seal's gone bad? I like your white dial a lot, that one always grabs my attention, I'm not sure how I'd fancy a light colored dial though, I'll get one some day and see how it feels.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Well as Gary said, the name of the company is Barton. Chazman got me hooked on them. They were one of the first companies to come out with the quick change system in bulk. I mostly buy canvas and sailcloth from them off ebay. They are very well made, you can take them in water. I've never had one pop off on me yet. Their khaki canvas is a bit darker than the NATO you have on your Hammy.
The Bulova you speak of is a very well preserved 1961 military version. It has a 35mm case as opposed to the hacks 39. It has a mechanical movement with dust shield that hacks and keeps great time. It was a great acquisition that I will never part with.

Hammy mechanical on Barton Khaki Canvas...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts