Watch Freeks banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chazm, some would say you're still a rat. I couldn't help it. I wondered what you did, Those I've known that served IN Nom have nothing to remember; I hope your time wasn't so....say-no-more; but sincere Thank You.

R:cool:nin, flight pilots, or pilots in general have the greenest grass, from my yard.
I only know a couple, an Inlaw (private) and a friend who flew jets then c5s. He retired crazy well and is young; now he's in the private sector.
The life ain’t bad at all. Got the most Gucci posting in Canada and get to go to some pretty cool places like Fiji, Seychelles, Hawaii, Scotland, Norway, Sicily, etc...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Chazm, some would say you're still a rat. I couldn't help it. I wondered what you did, Those I've known that served IN Nom have nothing to remember; I hope your time wasn't so....say-no-more; but sincere Thank You.

R:cool:nin, flight pilots, or pilots in general have the greenest grass, from my yard.
I only know a couple, an Inlaw (private) and a friend who flew jets then c5s. He retired crazy well and is young; now he's in the private sector.
All the things I saw and did in the Nam didn't adversely affect me at all, never lost a night's sleep over it. perhaps I'm wired a little differently than the average man because I went almost immediately from the Marines to the Chicago Police Dept and served 31 years there, the last 23 a Homicide/Robbery Detective.

There I saw a lot more grisly stuff than I did in the Nam. I have seen some of the most horrific murder scenes and suicides, bodies hacked apart, murdered children, bodies in all sorts of decomposition, and my job when called out the scene was to roll the bodies over on "Death Investigations" looking for signs of violence.

Like most good Homicide Detectives I carried a small jar of Vick's in my briefcase, a little dab up each nostril got you 3/4 of the way past the smell of death, not a 100% though! In my career, I probably handled as many dead bodies as a mortician.

Reactions: AtomicTom
41 - 42 of 42 Posts