Watch Freeks banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Dude, obviously I got a special one and you sound jealous. Again, you could have your very own post-Invicta super accurate Glycine Combat Sub for about $300. If you recall, when I was looking for a dive watch under $500, it was you who told me they were great watches and you were right. Don't you remember? 👍😀
Yeah... But they're not THAT great... Oh well, I'll agree to disagree with you on this one. I already have two Combat Subs. Don't need another. Even if they are making them special. Enjoy...:cool::)

·
Registered
5,714 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
For Friday, ending the week, showing the Zodiac, Grandhydra, some much needed love. This timepiece is most certainly, one of the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye, within my collection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

I used WatchCheck to collect my data. One data point per day tracked for the past 35 days. For about $300 you can purchase this fine timepiece as well. 👍😄
Dude, obviously I got a special one and you sound jealous. Again, you could have your very own post-Invicta super accurate Glycine Combat Sub for about $300. If you recall, when I was looking for a dive watch under $500, it was you who told me they were great watches and you were right. Don't you remember? 👍😀
Rob are you sure it's not a quarts model?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Rob are you sure it's not a quarts model?
Yes I'm sure. It's an automatic with GL224 movement.

I'm first to admit I'm no watch expert but I think this Combat Sub I have is something pretty special. I downloaded the WatchCheck app about 8 months ago and have tracked several of my automatics and none have come close to this Glycine in terms of accuracy. Here are screen shots of the data I've collected so far including a data point I took around 7pm this evening. I think I lucked out and got a special one and it speaks to the great quality of post-Invicta Glycine watches.

Screenshot_20210108-190219.png

Screenshot_20210108-190235.png

Reactions: AtomicTom

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I was kidding Rob. It's great that your Sub maintains such accuracy, it's a looker for sure.
Thought you might be but wasn't sure since you didn't use emoticons 😄. I appreciate your kind words.

Reactions: AtomicTom

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Yes I'm sure. It's an automatic with GL224 movement.

I'm first to admit I'm no watch expert but I think this Combat Sub I have is something pretty special. I downloaded the WatchCheck app about 8 months ago and have tracked several of my automatics and none have come close to this Glycine in terms of accuracy. Here are screen shots of the data I've collected so far including a data point I took around 7pm this evening. I think I lucked out and got a special one and it speaks to the great quality of post-Invicta Glycine watches.

View attachment 132805

View attachment 132804
I don't quite understand how this app works. What exactly is the difference between deviation and rate ? And how is it figured ?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I don't quite understand how this app works. What exactly is the difference between deviation and rate ? And how is it figured ?
Deviation is a calculation of how much time the watch is losing or gaining (using NTP time in my case).

I found this info helpful to understanding average rate.
"The accuracy of mechanical watches can change slightly day by day, so, it’s not measured by a daily rate, but by an average of daily rates when it’s actually worn. This is why the accuracy of mechanical watches is indicated by "the mean daily rate".

WatchCheck says the average rate reveals the "tendency" of the watch.

So, if I have this right, my watch is gaining 0.1 seconds per day or 3.0 seconds per month. Data point taken today revealed its time has deviated +4.3 seconds from NTP time but the rate was 0.0 because the deviation today was the same as yesterday's. If you look at the data, it's interesting to note that the deviation started low and gradually increased to about 7 seconds and now it's on its way back down again and seems to be leveling off at about 4 seconds now. Not sure what to make of that but it's interesting.

I haven't made any adjustments to the time since setting it and placing it on my wrist on December 4th. I've worn it every day for about 12-14 hours/day and remove it to sleep and store it dial up. Haven't tried different positions yet.

I'm going up the learning curve with all this. Not sure if someone else might have a better explanation since this app is pretty new to me? I was a data guy most of my career so this accuracy stuff is fun for me!! 😀

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
For Friday, ending the week, showing the Zodiac, Grandhydra, some much needed love. This timepiece is most certainly, one of the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye, within my collection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Love it bro !!!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Deviation is a calculation of how much time the watch is losing or gaining (using NTP time in my case).

I found this info helpful to understanding average rate.
"The accuracy of mechanical watches can change slightly day by day, so, it’s not measured by a daily rate, but by an average of daily rates when it’s actually worn. This is why the accuracy of mechanical watches is indicated by "the mean daily rate".

WatchCheck says the average rate reveals the "tendency" of the watch.

So, if I have this right, my watch is gaining 0.1 seconds per day or 3.0 seconds per month. Data point taken today revealed its time has deviated +4.3 seconds from NTP time but the rate was 0.0 because the deviation today was the same as yesterday's. If you look at the data, it's interesting to note that the deviation started low and gradually increased to about 7 seconds and now it's on its way back down again and seems to be leveling off at about 4 seconds now. Not sure what to make of that but it's interesting.

I haven't made any adjustments to the time since setting it and placing it on my wrist on December 4th. I've worn it every day for about 12-14 hours/day and remove it to sleep and store it dial up. Haven't tried different positions yet.

I'm going up the learning curve with all this. Not sure if someone else might have a better explanation since this app is pretty new to me? I was a data guy most of my career so this accuracy stuff is fun for me!! 😀
I don't think it's no timegrapher. But it is something...:) All kidding aside. I test all of my auto's and if they are minus anything or more than +15sec a day. I regulate them myself. Even when properly regulated, you just don't see the kind of results you are showing here. I mean, not even with a COSC Rolex. So, it is what it is. I'm just glad you like the watch. After all, I recommended it.;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I don't think it's no timegrapher. But it is something...:) All kidding aside. I test all of my auto's and if they are minus anything or more than +15sec a day. I regulate them myself. Even when properly regulated, you just don't see the kind of results you are showing here. I mean, not even with a COSC Rolex. So, it is what it is. I'm just glad you like the watch. After all, I recommended it.;)
I only have a few automatics but I was really surprised when I started tracking this Combat Sub. It really is something special......like all the stars were aligned at the factory when this one was made!! That's why I thought it would be interesting to share the info with this forum. Since I'm not a big spender when it comes to watches, I seriously doubt I'll ever have another one like this. It sure is getting a ton of wrist time! OK, it's time for me to stop bragging now. 😂

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts