Watch Freeks banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Beauty and intricacy are the only reasons I can think of to own a mechanical timepiece. And, most of that is in the movement.
I haven't bought a watch without a display case back for many years. I take the view that, if a watchmaker wants my money, he should show me his art.
I don't own anything to compete with Frans' examples, but these give me considerable pleasure . . . . .

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Beauty and intricacy are the only reasons I can think of to own a mechanical timepiece. And, most of that is in the movement.
I haven't bought a watch without a display case back for many years. I take the view that, if a watchmaker wants my money, he should show me his art.
I don't own anything to compete with Frans' examples, but these give me considerable pleasure . . . . .

Man, are those beautiful! The art of watch building taken to the next level.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
C'mon Chaz... You want to put that rebadged ETA hockey puck in here with these mechanical works of art. :lol:
Mine is still a beauty, a beauty that is +-10 seconds a year, and has a hour jump hand for time zone changes.

These other watches sure are beautiful, if you wore them upside down on your wrist to view the movement, other then that...Meh!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts