Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

http://www.ewatches.com/detail.asp?...70487&bo_cart_session_id=402953&rid=E091709EW

http://www.fractionprice.com/detail.asp?bo_products_variance_id=70487&bo_cart_session_id=499968#

Brand Accutron by Bulova
Style 28C05
Case Brushed and polished stainless steel
Dial Color Black dial with silver tone hands
Bracelet Brushed and polished stainless steel
Clasp Type Deployment clasp with safety
Subdials 60 second, 30 minute and 12 hour
Calendar Date and day display at 3:00
Movement Swiss made chronograph, automatic 25 jewels, mechanical self-winding
Crystal Anti-reflective sapphire
Water Resistant 200 meters
Case Diameter 43 mm
Case Thickness 15 mm
Bracelet Width 22 mm
Bracelet Length 10 inches
Series VX-200
Style Chronograph
Size Men's
Crown Screw-down
Case Back Screw-down skeleton with sapphire crystal
Bezel Function Unidirectional
Luminous Hands and hour markers
Other Tachymeter inner bezel
Material Stainless steel

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Nope, it didn't work I still want this one.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I am so happy this is sold out. I don't know if I could have held out much longer. :wf

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

links seem to go no where now. did they remove the pages when it sold out? i would have been interested in picking this one up at that price.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

From Lama Thubten Yeshe

People often talk about spirituality and materialism, but what do these terms really mean? You'll find that, as individuals, each of us has a different view. Some think they're opposites, two irreconcilable extremes. Others think you can't lead a spirituallife while living in a materialistic society, that to do so you have to abandon all enjoyment of material things. Then there are those who think spiritual seekers are rejects from society who couldn't succeed in the material world. Yet others think, "I'm a rationalist, I don't believe anything," considering religious people blindly ignorant believers.
Some people, especially those brought up in materialistic societies, become attracted to Buddhism or some other religion the moment they hear about it. Without understanding or even checking that it suits their mind, they immediately grasp at that religion as "fantastic!" This is very dangerous and not at all a spiritual attitude.
Religion is not just some dry intellectual idea but rather your basic philosophy of life: you hear a teaching that makes sense to you, find through experience that it relates positively with your psychological makeup, get a real taste of it through practice, and adopt it as your spiritual path. That's the right way to enter the spiritual path.
If, for example, after you encounter Buddhism for the first time you think it contains wonderful ideas and immediately try to make radical changes to your life, you won't make any progress at all. You have to implement it step by step. To actualize Dharma you have to look at your basic situation, what you are now, and try to change gradually, checking as you go.
So, why do we all have different views of what spirituality and materialism are? Because we have all had different experiences and therefore think differently.
To follow the spiritual path you do not have to abandon material things, nor does leading a materialistic life mean that you can't engage in spiritual practice. In fact, even if you are totally materialistic, if you check deep within your psyche, you will find that there is already a part of your mind that is flowing in a spiritual direction. It may not be intellectualized, it may not be your conscious philosophy, you may even declare, "I am not a believer," but in the depths of your consciousness there is a spiritual stream of energy constantly in motion.
From the point of view of religious tolerance, the world today is a much better place than it was even less than one hundred years ago. People held extreme views; the religious were afraid of the nonreligious and vice-versa; everybody felt very insecure. This was all based on misconceptions and is mainly in the past, but some people may still think that way. Certainly, as I've been saying, many people feel that spiritual and material lifestyles are completely incompatible. It's not true.
Therefore, take the middle way as much as you can; avoid extremes. If you spiritual practice and the demands of your everyday life are not in harmony, it means there's something wrong with the way you are practicing. Your practice should satisfy your dissatisfied mind while providing solutions to the problems of everyday life. If it doesn't, check carefully to see what you really understand about your religious practice.
Everything Lord Buddha taught was for us to penetrate to the essence of our being in order to realize the nature of the human mind. But he never said we had to believe what he said just because he'd said it. He encouraged us to understand the meaning of what he said. Without such comprehension, your entire spiritual trip is a fantasy, a dream, a hallucination: one skeptical question from a doubter and your whole spiritual life collapses like a house of cards.
Therefore, put it all together. Enjoy your material life as much as you can, but at the same time, understand the nature of both whatever it is that you're enjoying and the mind enjoying it, and how the two relate. If you understand all this at a deep level, that is religion. If all your narrow mind sees is what is external and you never know what's happening in your own mind, that's a materialistic view. It's not the fault of the materials, but that of your view.

Now that being said.........gonna go get me a new watch damnit!!!:%:%:%

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Whats that - Zen buddhist's who cant stop their Materialist Obscessions???

Seattle wrote:
Me too!! Gotta stop........really!!!:%:%
Wanna start a support group G?:b:b:b

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I want one!!! BUT i Cant!!!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Just remember - everything is temporal!! nothing is permanent

Seattle wrote:
If all your narrow mind sees is what is external and you never know what's happening in your own mind, that's a materialistic view. It's not the fault of the materials, but that of your view.

Now that being said.........gonna go get me a new watch damnit!!!:%:%:%

CJ

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

eWatches still shows this as In stock and it lets me add it to the shopping cart @ $339 I need this watch at this price on WOW. I have $70 in gift cards at WOW. That would make a nice dent in the price and I'd jump on it.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
try it -Lior owns both websites!!
I did the WOW site says $399.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
no try and use your wow gift cards on ewatches -it might work
I need to sell my Lupah Meteorite and then I can buy one. Otherwise I'm tapped out for now.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I could have saved a ton of money if I would have just waited until December. Oh well it is what it is. I paid much more for mine used. I still love mine. Anybody who got this Congrats!!! It is one of my favorite watches.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.