Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would you give a ride to someone hitchhiking ?...Or, have you and havean interesting story to tell about it ?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Yes I would p/u a hitchhiker, provided that they had a ski mask on, ax in hand and a bloody T-shirt.....or if it was Megan Fox:q

Cj

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I'll never tell...

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

might have to make an exception for Megan Fox.

Seattle wrote:
Yes I would p/u a hitchhiker, provided that they had a ski mask on, ax in hand and a bloody T-shirt.....or if it was Megan Fox:q

Cj

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Nope not me...Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY you are basically taught from a young age never to interact with strangers or it can cost you your life especially these days..

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I highly doubt that I would.

I have never been comfortable picking up hitchhikers, but I think I've done so several times in my youth.

Not these days.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

to scary these days, but one of CJ's options above did seem pretty appealing, lol

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Only if it was EVA MENDES or MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ!!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
Nope not me...Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY you are basically taught from a young age never to interact with strangers or it can cost you your life especially these days..
Totally agree - grew up in Queens, NY where your taught to not make eye contact with strangers nevermind pick them up in your car - lol. When I'm on vacation somewhere and strangers say "Hello" to me out of the blue I get freaked out.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Guys I'm pretty sure this is a NYC thing (or big city thing) cause we all are the same when it comes to talking with strangers

MikeyShingles wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
Totally agree - grew up in Queens, NY where your taught to not make eye contact with strangers nevermind pick them up in your car - lol. When I'm on vacation somewhere and strangers say "Hello" to me out of the blue I get freaked out.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I grew up in a small country town that justrecently reached 4000 people.

In my younger days, like 5 years old, I used to hitch hike up the road to my friends house, about two or three miles away and never had a worry. I usually knew the people that were on the road and it was just a neighborly thing to do.

Today, you would have to beat your 5 year old'sass for hitch hiking or trying to, not to hurt them, but to prevent them from being killed.

Again, back to my younger days, being brought up country and trusting, I used to give hitch-hikers a ride, I'm a big boy, 6' 235# and mostly muscle, back then, so I was not afraid of a physical confrontation, of course a gun or knife is different. I gave several riders a lift, but then started noticing things were changing, not with me, but with the riders, shifty actions, smelly body oder, inappropriate advances. This put an immediate stop to me ever offering a ride to a stranger again.

Now, if I see someone I know needing a lift, I will give it, that's all nowadays.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

MikeyShingles wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:

Good Lord, then you better not go to Jackson, KY for a vacation. This is where my paternal relatives live and they grab your hand and arm when talking to you, lead you like a puppy, very friendly and physical, and yes, even to strangers.

I have a very pretty cousin and I have actually had a friend that went down there with me once to pick up a car, jerk away when she reached for his arm.

I laughed at him, she wasn't offended, he was then embarrassed, but it's like you said, he was raised in Detroit and things are quite different there than Jackson, KY or Morrow, OH.

Another thing, men please, when someone is friendly and personable with you while you are on vacation or traveling, don't jump to the wrong conclusions.

Some ares of this great country of ours people are naturally open and friendly and will speak friendly to you even if they don't know you at all.

Now if that friendly person goes to far, you'll know if those conclusions should be jumped to, but not just for a "Hello" or "How y'all doin'"

Y'all raised up in them big cities, never making eye contact or talking to strangers, no wonder y'all freak out when someone speaks friendly to you.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Jeff -us city folk gotta alot to learn from our country brothas & sisters!!

the world would be a better place if we could just trust alittle bit more
and that trust not be taken advantage of!!

Tera-Ram wrote:
MikeyShingles wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
Good Lord, then you better not go to Jackson, KY for a vacation. This is where my paternal relatives live and they grab your hand and arm when talking to you, lead you like a puppy, very friendly and physical, and yes, even to strangers.

I have a very pretty cousin and I have actually had a friend that went down there with me once to pick up a car, jerk away when she reached for his arm.

I laughed at him, she wasn't offended, he was then embarrassed, but it's like you said, he was raised in Detroit and things are quite different there than Jackson, KY or Morrow, OH.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I havent picked up a hitchhicker in years, and really dont see many anymore but like Rip I would have my gun in hand

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Picking up a hitchhiker in these times is a serious risk. One can never be too careful, but one can be too careless, and this is one of those instances.

I also adhere to "Murphy's Law" as well. "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". So why set yourself up for a bad scenerio when you just don't have to. It's a shame that we have to think like this, but when there are so many cases of "The world gone mad" today it's just a safer avenue to take. JMHO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts