Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Would you lie to keep someone you cared about from being hurt or is the truth more important than someones feelings ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

This is a hard question for me to answer. I guess for me it would depend on what the issue was. I don't mean to be evasive but there are some things that I guess I would be willing to lie for and then there are others where the truth should be told. If I may suggest, pick an issue where we would have to decide if it was appropriate for one to lie then we all would have a better idea on which way to go.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I really can't tell you if I would lie without the specific circumstances, So in reality I have answered the question because under certain circumstances I would lie.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I absolutely would (and have) lied to "protect" someone from being hurt.

Sometimes, it's worked, and other times it's been a disaster.

I prefer to tell the truth, but some "truths" are just not warranted.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

A good question, for a personal reflection...

I could attempt to give you a very lengthy answer, but you know...

After my explaination was completed...

It all could be summarized with an, "I don't know?"

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Nope!!!

Pain is part of life, and if your feelings get hurt they get hurt. The geture might be appreciated by the loved one, but the lie could very well catch ya!

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

I have to do it all the time. I'm a driving instructor and I always try to stay positive with my students. Even when they are heading us directly into the path of oncoming traffic, I grab the wheel, bring us back to where we belong, and then say something like "that's OK. You're just learning and you'll get better" when what I really want to say is "Have you considered getting a lifetime bus pass?"

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . Honesty is the best policy. I'll give you an example . .. . .

I think that Duchess is asking us guys all the questions she needs answered, in order to figure us out completely . .. . . . And she's pretty much got it down at this point . . . .

:% :% :%:%

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . Honesty is the best policy. I'll give you an example . .. . .

I think that Duchess is asking us guys all the questions she needs answered, in order to figure us out completely . .. . . . And she's pretty much got it down at this point . . . .

:% :% :%:%

I think you've got a point there Randy. But, what she doesn't reallize is that through her shrewd questioning of us, we get a glimpse into the wiley female mind too! (Although, I've put all of the questions together, scrutinized them, and I don't know any more about women than I ever did! Oooo...she's good!)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
I think that Duchess is asking us guys all the questions she needs answered, in order to figure us out completely .
I'm my parents only daughter, raised with several brothers, I've had your species figured out for YEARS.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

I tell the truth unless it would injure them or others.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
randyswagon wrote:
I think that Duchess is asking us guys all the questions she needs answered, in order to figure us out completely .
I'm my parents only daughter, raised with several brothers, I've had your species figured out for YEARS.

. . . Species?!?!?!?! :% . . . . I thought we were more of a variety than a species. . . After all, we are all a little different . . . . If ya know what I mean . . . . ( nudge,nudge, . . . wink,wink . . .) . . . :lol

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Duchess, what is bad about lying is that it reflects on that person. If something was painfull there are ways of talking and relating the message with kindness. Even more you must be there for that person. ....Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.