Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Would you date someone that had 3-4 kids or more ?

Personally, that would be a big hell no...But, that's only 'cuz I'm selfish & want to come first in his eyes and I know that good parents always put their children first.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I dated a woman once with 1 child. That is the most children anyone I dated in my life ever had, when I was single.
Unfortunately and being honest with myself, I probably would not put myself in that situation with someone with more then 1 child. So 3-4, definitely not.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I will take a pass on this one. I never have, but I might have when younger. It just never came up at that age for me. Now, I'm a one woman man with 28 years of marriage, and don't plan on ever having to deal with this issue.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Well having a child of my own thats kinda a hard question for me since he is my world...but if I put my self in my shoes when i was younger and single it may have caused an issue for me...I wont say I would never but cant say that It would be my first choice..I guess it all depends on the woman I was going to date.

·
Registered
466 Posts
imported post

I think it really depends on the situation. A best friend whose marriage fell apart and she got to keep the kids that I see a lot and they love me? Sure. Absolutely. Stranger I met in a bar? NoooOOOOoooooOOOOO. All about context.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

I did once..

Years ago..

A buddy of mine, set me up on a blind date. Everthing was fine, we saw each other for about a 4 month time period. Though she was definately a gorgeous woman and she was down with the bang-diggidy, it wasn't anything serious. Near the end of the 4 month time period, she gave me the"oh by the way, I have a kid" conversation..

It may have been because of my current place in life, at that time..I decided to move on.Apparently, she still had mixed emotions for her "baby's daddy".. blah, blah, blah..

I didn't have time for that kind'a crap, nor did I have the patience for anymore possiblehidden secrets..

That was my one and only experience with dating women with children.

With that being said..

More than likely, (if I were single) I would not date anyone that had kids..

But then again, are we talking relationship or :b?

PS.

I know, I know.. I'm Bad :%:c:%

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
Would you date someone that had 3-4 kids or more ?

Personally, that would be a big hell no...But, that's only 'cuz I'm selfish & want to come first in his eyes and I know that good parents always put their children first.
The children eventually grow up and go out on their own. As long as you don't have to sacrifice quality of life to raise them I probably would do so.

Once they're grown and gone you once again become #1 AND have the satisfaction of having contributed to their upbringing.

Women are usually the custodian of children from a failed marriage or relationship. A satisfying and rewarding relationship with such a woman is quite possible once you get past the used mental and physical parts.

It takes work but you can always '...come first in his eyes (and heart)...' with children present.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

My first wife had a couple of boys. I loved the boys...but wouldn't do it again...she was still in love with her hubby who left her. It wasn't pretty how it ended...took me years to get over all of what went on.

My wife and I now have 4 legged children....our Bichons!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.