Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So, I bought a "new" watch at an AD. Turns out, it had been there since 2007. Not sure I consider this new. Sure, it was never worn...but it has been sitting around for 5 years. They did drop the price, when I asked for "best price", but probably not enough for a 5 year old watch. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

What is the watch??

It's technically considered new old stock.

As you said its unworn but not brand new.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
What is the watch??

It's technically considered new old stock.

As you said its unworn but not brand new.
Hi, Chef. It's a L&B Schaumberg Aquatitan 2000m 3D1. I love the watch, so I guess that is what is important. Definitely a rare piece that I won't likely see on anyone else. I think they shorted me a rubber strap, though, so I will have to go back and check on that. From what I've seen online, it should come with both leather and rubber. Here's a pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
imported post

NOS, although not NEW as in new model NEW release blah blah blah , it is new old stock.

The Aquatitan is a sweet watch I had theGreyish dialed version and swapped it as i was not a great fan of Ti at the time,since then I like Ti and would consider having another at some point.

Congrats you bought a new watch sir.

·
Registered
319 Posts
imported post

Who knows how long any watch has been sitting in a warehouse before being shipped to a retailer?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
imported post

For me...as long as the watch wasn't owned and used by another customer and then sold back to a store. Than I consider it new.

Although that kinda blows they shorted you on the strap.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
imported post

I think any watch that you buy from a ad that has never been purchased is cool. I would expect a pretty good discount from the price of any new models..etc.

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

As long as the discount and warranty were intact I have no problems buying NOS watches.Hopefully they will get you the strap.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So, I bought a "new" watch at an AD. Turns out, it had been there since 2007. Not sure I consider this new. Sure, it was never worn...but it has been sitting around for 5 years. They did drop the price, when I asked for "best price", but probably not enough for a 5 year old watch. Thoughts?
I just bought a Rotary Les Originales GMT quartz. Brand new in the box, but the eBay add said "new battery". To be fair it was also advertised as "ex display". Quite often the watch is left running, rather than having the crown pulled out. Anyway, it cost me £70 instead of the MRP of £400, so no complaints. Perhaps your watch should have been advertised as NOS.

With many consumables I don't believe this unusual. I once sold a TAG to a friend. I received it new in 2004, when he researched it it was made in 2001.

·
Registered
543 Posts
New Old Stock is what haggling is made for.

As others have said, if you like the piece, got it at a reasonable price, and it is covered by warranty, then its a new watch with all the benefits that flow from that.

If it hasn't been worn, then it hasn't had any wear accrue to the movement either.

Just enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
:rolleyes: Another zombi topic.... can we please let these RIP and quit digging them up?

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts