1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am going today to check a PO 45.5 mm 232.30.46

I am not very optimistic about size as I believe it would be too large for my 7 inches wrist.

Any folk here with such wrist size owns this watch? Pics plz

Here is the watch by the way…
Watch Product Eyewear Publication Book

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Watch accessory

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Looks like a nice watch.

While the size may say 45.5mm, it really all depends on how the watch "wears" on the wrist. In other words, some large watches look smaller, and some small watches look bigger, once on the wrist. And you cannot tell until you try it on. So don't judge it purely by the dimensions.

For example, I have a wrist that is over 8 inches. When I try on a Seamaster 300m which is 42mm, it wears very small, almost tiny on my wrist.

Also, don't forget the current PO 600m (215.30.44.21.01.002) is 43.5mm and has a Swiss retail price of CHF 6'500.- Maybe you would prefer that?

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a nice watch.

While the size may say 45.5mm, it really all depends on how the watch "wears" on the wrist. In other words, some large watches look smaller, and some small watches look bigger, once on the wrist. And you cannot tell until you try it on. So don't judge it purely by the dimensions.

For example, I have a wrist that is over 8 inches. When I try on a Seamaster 300m which is 42mm, it wears very small, almost tiny on my wrist.

Also, don't forget the current PO 600m (215.30.44.21.01.002) is 43.5mm and has a Swiss retail price of CHF 6'500.- Maybe you would prefer that?

Thanks brother

Definitely I would prefer the 43.5mm or even the older 42mm model. The point is that I am buying preowned and both are not currently available here in Egypt.

I am also panic because of the rumors about potential price increase of Omega watches so one thought I have is to buy the 45.5mm even if it is too big and trade (or sell) it if the desired smaller model is listed 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speculating on watch prices is a dangerous business in my opinion...

There seem to be several Omega boutiques in Egypt, could they not order one for you?

Yes there is one or two AD I guess.. but it will be brand new which is double the price I aim for.. this particular 45.5mm I am talking about is available at AD but more than double price

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Thanks brother

Definitely I would prefer the 43.5mm or even the older 42mm model. The point is that I am buying preowned and both are not currently available here in Egypt.

I am also panic because of the rumors about potential price increase of Omega watches so one thought I have is to buy the 45.5mm even if it is too big and trade (or sell) it if the desired smaller model is listed 🤷🏻‍♂️
Surely there's no need to panic. Buy right the first time if you can

·
Senior Freek
1,360 Posts
I have a wrist size that is around 7 inches and I have a 45mm Deep Blue Sea Ram that fits well on my wrist. so the only way to tell if you like the way a watch fits is to try it on.

Reactions: Mockbel2

·
13,280 Posts
If you “prefer” the 43.5mm or the 42mm version…..why would you buy the 45.5mm as an experiment? Slow down and buy the size you really want. What’s the hurry?

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here it is on my wrist.. still can’t decide whether it is too big or not !
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Watch accessory

Watch Hand Analog watch Light Gesture

·
Super Moderator
14,621 Posts
I don't have this beauty Mockbel, and even have smaller wrists
too btw. 😊 Am definitely with the guys on this also. 😉(y) If
you like the 45.5mm size that is one thing. However, if you do
think the smaller sizes fit better, or are more your speed. Then
just take your time like the guys are saying. 🙂

And I see as I was typing this that you are showing the 45.5mm
Planet Ocean on the wrist. 😮 And to be honest it looks really
nice from here. But I still stay to take your time, and maybe try
all of the sizes on before you make a final decision.

I hope you really have fun, and by the way, thanks a lot for just
thinking to ask us for advice !!!

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks buddy… I am so hesitant and taking my time to think.. the guy had another mint Breitling Superocean ii 44mm that was stunning too.. things are getting worse here 😀

I took a pic of the two side by side
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Font

·
Super Moderator
14,621 Posts
Thanks buddy… I am so hesitant and taking my time to think.. the guy had another mint Breitling Superocean ii 44mm that was stunning too.. things are getting worse here 😀

I took a pic of the two side by side
View attachment 137923
You are very welcome. 😉

Actually looks like things are getting better to me by
the looks of things there Mockbel. :D I mean seeing
these two side by side has to be, and is fantastic !! 😎😎
All I can say, is to just enjoy this time, as well as the
anticipation. And take your time like you said.

What an exciting time for you !

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
If you want my personal opinion, that Omega is too big.

However, that is just my personal opinion. You should also do what YOU like and not what other people think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts