Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me personally, this is one of the most beautiful watches I've come across recently. The strap/lug design is part of my fascination with its appearance.
What I can't visualize is what it would look like with a 'normal' strap. I suspect a replacement FC strap would be hundreds of dollars.
The watch does come with an extra strap (rubber).
Curious what to make of this situation. Thoughts appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,313 Posts
That really is a looker tmoore, no doubt. o_O(y):)

Am guessing though, that a replacement strap would
maybe look very much the same though. Because as
you said, it’s a special lug design it seems like, so if
you replace it with a strap it will have to be similar I
suppose.

It’s just a matter if it would be a more sporty strap
like that rubber one you are talking about. Or of the
more dressy variety. ..But it would be a cool problem
to have if you ended up picking this up sir. 😉😎

Such a fantastic watch, and question tmoore !!!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...it would be a cool problem
to have if you ended up picking this up sir. 😉😎

Such a fantastic watch, and question tmoore !!!
I saw it at the local AD a couple of days ago and it rocketed to the top of my "i need this watch" list. Being a rather dressy/formal watch, I doubt the strap will ever be a concern from wear; especially with the spare rubber strap I could use if 'daily wearing' comes in to play.
But that's really the crux of the question I guess. Would I be able to even try alternate straps/bands? Would 'normal straps look 'goofy'?
Here's the rubber strap btw...

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The journey from Mr. Bubble to Frederique Constant represents a span in WFE (Watch Freek Evolution) I've never before seen.
(y)
I may have skipped my meds a day or two. 😁 Actually, the Mr Bubble is sentimental and was $15 shipped. I'm awaiting a Longines from the AD or I would have probably whipped out the wallet for this FC when I saw it. Just curious of opinions on a strap design like this. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
18,313 Posts
I saw it at the local AD a couple of days ago and it rocketed to the top of my "i need this watch" list. Being a rather dressy/formal watch, I doubt the strap will ever be a concern from wear; especially with the spare rubber strap I could use if 'daily wearing' comes in to play.
But that's really the crux of the question I guess. Would I be able to even try alternate straps/bands? Would 'normal straps look 'goofy'?
Here's the rubber strap btw...
View attachment 136337
(y) Honestly see what you are saying tmoore. 😉 It’s really
tough to give a definitive answer, but I guess as long as the
strap fits the design, you could get different straps. However,
I wouldn’t want to take a guess on whether regular straps
would work.

In any case, it's a lot of fun to ponder, so thank you sir !!!

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
Normally, I am vary weary of watches that have a proprietary strap system, mainly because if the company ceases to manufacture straps for that system / that watch, you could end up with a useless watch once the strap wears out.

Also, the open-heart is not to everyone's taste should you wish to resell it in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally, I am vary weary of watches that have a proprietary strap system, mainly because if the company ceases to manufacture straps for that system / that watch, you could end up with a useless watch once the strap wears out.

Also, the open-heart is not to everyone's taste should you wish to resell it in the future.
Normally if one were to ask me out of the blue my opinion of open heart watches, it wouldn't be favorable. This one, however, just blew me away....in the in the display and on my wrist.
I'll quiz the dealer about strap options. I'm pretty sure a 'normal' strap isn't an option. A spare bracelet might be in order to ensure longevity. e.g. the bracelet on this one would probably work as a 'lifetime' backup. I'm sure it would cost a mint though.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got it.

Regarding the band, the jeweler pointed out that any 25.5mm band will work. One would just have to cut out a section to accommodate the design. The main body of the watch wouldn't accept a band, but the build involves the modular piece that connects the band to the watch. The band is connected to the modular piece with screws, not a spring pin. The modular piece is connected to the watch with a quick change spring pin.
Bottom line. I have two sets of the modular pieces (comes with two bands, rubber and leather) and can use them for any 'normal' bands of 25.5mm.

·
Watch Freek
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
538 Posts

With factories in China, there is always an alternative. If you are willing to compromise.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So Mr T, what did you do?

I think if you like it then why not.
And unless you're aggressive with it then it could last your lifetime.
I got it. I'm wearing it today as a matter of fact. I monitored the accuracy a while back and it came in at -0.2 sec/day over 19 days. Pretty much dead on.
Here are pictures I posted in the WRUW today thread this morning...

Brown Amber Camera lens Analog watch Gadget

Watch Analog watch Clock Quartz clock Amber

And a few more to show off...

Watch Brown Analog watch Product Rectangle

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Light Plant Clock Measuring instrument

·
Super Moderator
18,313 Posts
Holy cow, is Wrascal psychic, or something?! 😮Maybe he used
the Force. ✨Impressive, most impressive !! An out of this world
COOL congratulations Tom !!!

I swear the gold on this watch seems to be luminescent from this
side of the screen. Seriously, are you seeing it? :D It's as if the
finish is on fire actually, and you can really take in every line, as
well as angle, and reflection. It's wonderful really. In addition, it
helps set off the beautiful strap which looks fantastic as well sir.
And it all leads you to the epic dial, which hypnotizes you with
the terrific texture, style, AND view to the movement. Wow !

Speaking of 'wow', this movement takes your breath away too.
What a pick up !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.