Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

For me it was the 1988 Olympics in Seoul Korea; Roy Jone Jr. kicked the crap out of Park Si-Hun in the Light Middleweight Division but lost to a descion of 3-2.....it was pathetic!!!
Jones out punched Hun 86 -32 and 20 -3 just in the first round!
It has remained controversial and most everyone in the boxing and Olympic world (except the Koreans) have agreed that there was a "fix" in place. To this day Jones has never been awarded the Gold medal.

What's yours?

CJ

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

The one that sticks out in my mind, Don Denkinger calling Jorge Orta safe at first in the '85 World Series. That would have ended the series, making the Cardinals world champs. That helped force another game and the Royals ended up winning the series.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

That's a good one TK!!!:madd:madd:maddTicks me off!!!

CJTUNAKLLR wrote:
The one that sticks out in my mind, Don Denkinger calling Jorge Orta safe at first in the '85 World Series. That would have ended the series, making the Cardinals world champs. That helped force another game and the Royals ended up winning the series.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Classic 1972 USA vs. USSR Basketball game

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/Classic_1972_usa_ussr_gold_medal_hoop.html

Thirty years later, the silver medals sit unclaimed in a vault in Lusanne, Switzerland.

ESPN List of 10 Worst Calls

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/worstcalls/010730.html
I have to agree with you on this one buddy!!!! One of my friends in college was on the team...James Forbes. In fact he was the player that got pushed to the ground by the Russian player. As a proud UTEP Alumni...I also had the chance to talk to Don Haskins about the call more than one time....as I use to be in gym rat when I wasn't playing football in college, and knew most of the players on the UTEP team at the time. Haskins and Forbes both said they would never accept the Silver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.