Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As far as I know, this watch hasn't been seen by any other watch forum. It hasn't been released yet, but will be very soon. I know that we've been through this with Renato's new designs over the past couple of weeks. Many have not lived up to the expectations of of Renato fans but seeing this variation has swayed me a bit. Please excuse the plastic on the watch, but I don't own it. It was donated, by Daniel Mink, as a giveaway prize for our Geek get together going down in So Cal tomorrow afternoon (Nov 1). I gotta say...I wanna own it! I'm sure I'll get some honest opinions here...one way or the other! Steeler fans rejoice!

On to the quick and filthies.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Wild, put my name in for the draw!!!

JK LOL

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is actually the very first Renato that I actually like. Thanks for posting that Tuna. Can't wait to see more in the future of this model.

speaking of that - what model is it?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

some lucky geek is getting a nice looking watch

i love yellow dials!!

is that a 5040D/F ?? very nice

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

Great looking watch. Daniel has a great eye for supurb colors combos. Congrats to anyone who wins this beauty.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Hey Tuna, that watch looks pretty hot...........im sure someone will be really happy with it tomorrow.......

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

George, it is in fact the 5040F.

James, it's the Gen II T-Rex. IT has been released on Shop, but not this variation. I didn't like the one they showed on the site, but I like it now that I see it in person. That's the problem with Shop's stock photos. They could cause folks to miss out on an otherwise decent watch!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Seattle wrote:
From what I can see TK it looks very nice.......any details?

CJ
CJ, it's a little larger than the 50mm listed on the site. The case isn't necessarily bigger, but it has the protrusion at the 9:00 side of the case. They kind of "cheated" as far as making it larger. I still like it though. I don't know how it'll look in the SS version, but the IP is pretty freakin' hot, IMO!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
George, it is in fact the 5040F.

James, it's the Gen II T-Rex. IT has been released on Shop, but not this variation. I didn't like the one they showed on the site, but I like it now that I see it in person. That's the problem with Shop's stock photos. They could cause folks to miss out on an otherwise decent watch!
so if the stats are the same here they are

[*]Bracelet: Silvertone 316L Stainless Steel [*]Movement: Swiss Ronda 5040.F Quartz Chronograph Movement [*]Crystal: Sapphire [*]Crown: Screw Down w/ Function Pushers [*]Clasp: Push Button Dual Deployant [*]Bracelet Measurements: 9"L x 28mm W [*]Case Measurements: 50 mm [*]Water Resistance: 30 atm - 300 m - 990 ft [*]

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am a Steeler fan you know! I actually thought of buying a Yellow and black Venom but my senses got the best of me!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

If it was on the bracelet I might think about it. I did buy one on rubber but I sent it packin. It just isnt the same watch on Rubber IMHO!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts