Watch Freeks banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not here yet. The day and time have been stripped from the delivery notice. It’s not that I’m a little disappointed but that’s how international shipping sometimes works. There was a time I would have exploded but these times are over, first world problems. It’s something I have no control over so no use fussing over it.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It came today, for now just some pictures:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice. Did it come with that Bund style strap too?
Yes sir! And the non-nylon parts are real leather, including the strip on it with holes for the tang and the extra strap if you don't like nylon. The only slight let-down is that it's powered by a noisy non-hacking Miyota movement. Correct for the period but I'm used to hacking movements and I'd rather have that. But it most have been costs saving as the watch came in at 279 Euro.

Reactions: AranaWhite

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Congratulations uncle F, that looks like a decent worldtimer you got yourself there with a nice retro vibe.

Early days I know but what's your impression in terms of value for money?

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Looks good on that strap. Personally I could forgive the non hacking. Anything interesting on the caseback?
Yes, the inscription of an X-15 surrounded by wording about max. altitude, Mach speed rating, etc. It comes with the 'pro version' but I don't really care about that, I don't look at a case back very often :D

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Congratulations uncle F, that looks like a decent worldtimer you got yourself there with a nice retro vibe.

Early days I know but what's your impression in terms of value for money?
For 279 it's great value for money mainly because it's not an homage but a true re-edition. But instead of spending money on fancy case back's I'd rather whish that they used a decent Saiko movement. But that's minor because I really, really like it. The red second hand is anodised, a nice touch. It came with quick release pins which I managed to drop three times trying to get one back in after I photographed the back (thanks Eric!). But on the upside: I shifted the strap so now the buckle is centred (thanks Eric!).

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Didn't actually realize at first how this is actually a re-edition Frans ! 🤯

Knew there was a reason they knew they're stuff sir. 😄 I mean the design
of just the case alone, with it's skin diver vibe is worth the $279 price tag
if you ask me Frans. 😎😵 ..Then the rest of the details just pile on with
one outstanding highlight after another ! Seriously, check out the amazing
numbers, and markers, or just the hands, and how much character they
bring to the watch. Oh, and love the red date, and second you mention !
Not to mention insanely cool bezel, and killer case-back !!! Man oh man !

Any noise that movement makes I would just pretend is the sound of
that jets' engines Frans. 😉 Wow, what a pick-up, and can't believe
all the extras, and neat straps either ! ..HUGE congrats there 2 U !!!

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I forgot to mention the 'roulette' date wheel: alternating between red and black every day.

Reactions: enricosonic

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
For 279 it's great value for money mainly because it's not an homage but a true re-edition. But instead of spending money on fancy case back's I'd rather whish that they used a decent Saiko movement. But that's minor because I really, really like it. The red second hand is anodised, a nice touch. It came with quick release pins which I managed to drop three times trying to get one back in after I photographed the back (thanks Eric!). But on the upside: I shifted the strap so now the buckle is centred (thanks Eric!).
Happy to be of service! Sorry I wasn’t thinking about the Bund thing blocking the view...

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
I forgot to mention the 'roulette' date wheel: alternating between red and black every day.
Oh wow, so it’s not just red Frans?! 😯 That makes it twice as nice
then !! 😀😀 Hey, I ‘bet’ that’s ridiculously fun to see change every
day sir. See what I did there?! 😁 Had to to it. Hope you really enjoy !!!

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I wondered about that when I saw the date, that's cool.

That looks great. Have you favored it over the month? How's the lum?
Over a month I wear it about 7 days. The lume is excellent, it's even visible in direct sunlight. But still I'll keep saying they should have gone for a Seiko movement.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts