Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,826 Posts
My advice to myself, never buy a used watch, if I want to admire the dings and scratches, I want to admire the ones I put there!

Reactions: FBPB and AranaWhite

·
Super Moderator
13,341 Posts
That really was good FB, or great to be totally honest with you. (y)😎

Even though I haven't actually added a higher end watch to my
collection, I know it's incredibly important to be careful. As well as
know as much about whatever watch you might be looking at, and
know your stuff as they say. Unless you do your homework, and
can trust the place, or person you are buying a watch from. Buying
that dream watch could end up being a nightmare it sounds like. 😧

Can't thank you enough for putting this up like this Hector !!!

·
Senior Novice
3,235 Posts
That was a good tale FB, thank you for posting.
I try to visit watch shops when I travel and I'd hoped to purchase a watch on my 25th wedding anniversary, unfortunately that won't happen, but we will get away and there's no doubt this will come to mind while when we're out and I'm admiring watches. I'm not certain I could spot a fake, I could always verify an AD on line if I'm out though.
Thanks again.

·
2,754 Posts
My advice to myself, never buy a used watch, if I want to admire the dings and scratches, I want to admire the ones I put there!
If you are even remotely into vintage (insert brand here) anything, you have no choice but to purchase used, The most valuable luxury watches traded are often pre-owned. Be glad you’re not into vintage (pre-owned) guitars.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,826 Posts
If you are even remotely into vintage (insert brand here) anything, you have no choice but to purchase used, The most valuable luxury watches traded are often pre-owned. Be glad you’re not into vintage (pre-owned) guitars.

Since I am already vintage, I am into only the new :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: mykkus and #four

·
Super Moderator
4,184 Posts
Sage advice in the video.

I'm into vintage watches but whether you intend buying new, preowned or vintage, it's vital to do your due diligence as thoroughly as possible, thereby avoiding potential pitfalls

·
Administrator
11,428 Posts
My advice for buying vintage: know what you are buying…that’s it

If you are just casually buying vintage, you will get screwed eventually or run into a very expensive unexpected issue/problem.

I own many fantastic vintage pieces that I was fortunate to get prior to the recent blowup in pricing and or in poor condition, which I restored. It’s a labor of love.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts