Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

The 2010 Winter Olympics are due to start in a month and I have not heard or read anything about the event anywhere. Yeah, I could probably dig up a story or two, but the silence on the Olympics this time around is deafening. Has the event lost all it's past history with this gamer generation? I remember in years past the lead up to the olympics was an event unto itself. I know other countries still view the event (Summer andWinter Games) as the pinacle of sports. Yes, I'm a huge NFL fan, but I look forward to the olympics each time they come along.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think with the internet and endless coverage of everything, the Olympics have become an event of the moment. everyone watches for those few weeks and then it is forgotten for another few years. Same with the world cup and other similar events.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I can still remember the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake like it was yesterday. I had to work 14 days straight/12 hour shifts on graveyards. These were held a few months after 911 and the security at this event was incredible to say the least. There must have been at least 3,000 cops at this event. This included Local/State/Federal. I was assigned to the Media center and the awards plaza. I made a lot of overtime, but I was glad to see it end.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Big fan of curling, Big Fan!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.