Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here is Wilson Watch Works. A small company in North Carolina who puts these watches together by hand, using german and swiss parts.

Mostly pilot and diver styles, but compared to whats out there in the market, very reasonably priced and made in very small batches at a time, and when I say small, like 10-15 at a time.

My favorite is the new 45mm fricker case 2000 meter diver. take a look at the page and all the links to his photos............some really good stuff here.

http://www.wilsonwatchworks.com

Wilson Watch Works
1468 Tarboro Street West

Suite H
Wilson, NC 27893

Hours
Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00 EST

Contact phone
(252) 294-8988 

Fax
(252) 237-1167

Direct eMail
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

hey jack, thanks ........ive seen that site before.

when i said custom, i hope i didnt mislead, you cant customize your own watches, but they are custom built, hand assembled and in small batches........basically one guy making really high quality peices...........im really planning on buying the diver on his site next year.........i love that case design........

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

yeah i guess i jumped the gun and I dont want to take away from his work. I checked out that 2000 meter watch and it looks great. He does some real nice work. Thanks for that link Don.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Man those are some nice looking watches. I especially like the diver and the pilot watches! I did a quick scan of their site so I didn't see what the prices were. Anyone know what they run??

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

okay, brian.........this is power posting.........lol. ........im joking.........and your welcome.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
here is wilson watch works. a small company in north carolina who puts these watches together by hand, using german and swiss parts.

mostly pilot and diver styles, but compared to whats out there in the market, very reasonably priced and made in very small batches at a time, and when i say small, like 10-15 at a time.

my favorite is the new 45mm flicker case 2000 meter diver. take a look at the page and all the links to his photos............some really good stuff here.

http://www.wilsonwatchworks.com
great find Don.
this guy is 25-30 minutes from where I am. I have VERY good and close friends that also live in Wilson (where he is) and probably know him.

I have checked out his site and also contacted him directly to meet with him.
I also invited him to join the forum here. I would love to see what he is working on featured here.

Also - someone asked about pricing - his rates are found here - http://wilsonwatchworks.com/aboutus.aspx - scroll past the info about him and you will see the custom watch pricing.

great find. i can't wait to meet him.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

what7 wrote:
cool watches, some of them have a 'soprod' 6497 or8 what does soprod mean? thanks
soprod is another type of movement company. they have made movements to compete with etas, like the 2824...........

Soprod made the A-10 as a direct replacement for ETA 2892. The width dimensions are the same between the 2892, 2824, and A-10, so the same hands and dials one used for ETA movements can also be used for the A-10, but the A-10 is 1 mm thicker than the 2824, so casing modifications may be necessary. It has a 42 hour power reserve and hacking seconds.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

All I can say is wow nice find. This could be a nice pick up down the road. Will be interested to see if anyone gets something from him and how it works out. Let me know.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Hey guys . . .

I stumbled across a "local" watchmaker/seller on eBay, and mentioned it to James. He brought this thread to my attention, so I'd thought I'd post a few links here.

This is an auction that I stumbled across (he may have more) . . . LINK

Here is some more personal info from his eBay page . . . LINK

Here's his homepage . . . LINK

It appears that he's got 8 or 9 total auctions running with some cool watches. Check it out. :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
imported post

Chris also sells parts if you want to assemble your own watch. Got a couple cases to order for some projects, give him a call if you have any questions.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I checked out a couple of his watches on his E-bay site. Some of the pilots are using seagull movements. I don't think I'd pay 265 for a a pilot, when I can get one for 70 bucks. But they are nice looking watches. Some of them are a little pricey.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/0EBSmBWBEaA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
imported post

The 2000m diver they made (make?) uses the same exact case as the Deep Blue and Kemmner 2000m divers.
I owned their smaller diver, it was a fine watch using the well known ETA 2824.
Are you sure they only use German and Swiss parts?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts