Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love watches, but my entire collection of 43 watches probably cost me less than many single timepieces owned by some of the members on this forum. Another well known forum has such a category, and it is visited regularly. Just an idea :smile-thumb:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He who has the idea gets the job.
It's impossible for me, but very easy for the person in charge of the site. The brand categories are hardly used because they are too specific. Many people enjoy affordable and inexpensive watches. Watches should be for all, and not just those who can afford luxury brands. In fact, another watch site also has a specific category for Chinese watches.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
If you look at the sub forum of "Watch Brands" there are several affordable brands there, Seiko, Orient, Citizen, and others.

·
Super Moderator
9,951 Posts
It's a really neat idea Mrs. Wiggles. ..Maybe I can message an
administrator to see if they could make a change. Honestly can
only moderate, and change posts to be honest on my end here. :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
This is WatchFreeks. Not that other forum. If you want to post on f71. Then go there. Don't try to change this forum into that forum where all the true watch snobs hang... You can post any watch at anytime on General Watch Discussions which will wind up on Active Topics which members will give proper responses too... That is, if it's worth their time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who will determine what constitutes "affordable"?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Affordable is subjective, and subjectiveness makes good conversation. I know there are a few sub-categories with affordable brands, but I am afraid that doesn't work, simply because there are hundreds of affordable brands. It,s very difficult for people who can't afford to spend a fortune on watches to reply to the majority of threads on this forum. I pop in from time to time, but it's rare I can contribute. Because many people don't have the funds to enjoy luxury brand watches, shouldn't mean they don't have the right to join in

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
WHY NOT "an Affordable watch section)

Affordable is subjective, and subjectiveness makes good conversation. I know there are a few sub-categories with affordable brands, but I am afraid that doesn't work, simply because there are hundreds of affordable brands. It,s very difficult for people who can't afford to spend a fortune on watches to reply to the majority of threads on this forum. I pop in from time to time, but it's rare I can contribute. Because many people don't have the funds to enjoy luxury brand watches, shouldn't mean they don't have the right to join in

I have to disagree with you. Though I haven’t been as active lately, I’ve had a ton of great interactions on here, and some bad ones, within all sorts of topics. I’ve learned a ton and I hope I’ve taught a little to some on occasion. Never once has what I own, or what I can afford, been taken into account in regards to the value of my comments. That’s what makes this forum so great, IMO.

With that said, I’ve been here a long while and my most expensive watch is $650 retail and I didn’t pay that much. That amount is affordable for some and not for others. The important thing is, that it is neither here nor there when engaging with my fellow WIS on this forum.

I encourage you to contribute whenever or wherever you have something to contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have to agree with Funk, I own zero luxury brands and I've always felt like I can interject and join in on any discussion here. From Timex to Rolex, no one is holding anyone else back from sharing their opinions on WF.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Since the day I joined I have never, ever encountered an unfriendly atmosphere towards owners of 'affordable' brands or the opposite, reverence for those who own a Patek. Because of that I don't understand this at all. Those 5 Euro watches that I can pick up at my local 'Action' store are affordable but are not the kind that I would wear or collect. But that's not your point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts