Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unable to log in with my normal IP address so am using another to ask why. There has been no response to my requests to the administrator. An email would have been courteous

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
In the forum rules:
Watch Freeks Administrators reserve the right to modify or change these rules at any time. Watch Freeks also reserves the right to moderate any situation without explanation as we feel is for the overall best of the community.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Unable to log in with my normal IP address so am using another to ask why. There has been no response to my requests to the administrator. An email would have been courteous
Using another IP address? How? Do you have control over your outfacing ISP DHCP scope? If you are on another address than the one you registered with, you will have to confirm by email. Every time you are accessing WF from a different location you will have to do this. So how did you change your ‘normal IP address’?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My iPad is with a different company. I am quite prepared to leave the forum, but wouldn't anyone else be taken aback if this happened to them? No warning or reasons given.

·
Registered
996 Posts
IP banning is not how to deal with the spammers. You need to increase new account security. Make the bot test stronger. Require new accounts get approved by mods before posting.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Trust me, the VS folks are doing everything they can do from a bot test perspective. They actually just added a few things this week.

We as mods and admins IP ban "spammers" all of the time, be it bots or just jackholes powerposting about their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If an IP address has been banned, it is either associated with spam or the individual has broken our rules
Or a mistake has been made. I have done neither..has someone been spamming in my name? Please check my posts at least.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Or a mistake has been made. I have done neither..has someone been spamming in my name? Please check my posts at least.
Trust me, if it was related to your ID, your ID would also be banned. I am not sure what the IP issue is, but the only way that the ban could be related to your WF account is if you have a second account and we banned that one or someone else who uses that IP address was banned.

I am not sure how you want to move forward, but there is not much we can do.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is there any chance his IP was caught in the net cast to shut down the recent Korean spam issue?

·
Administrator
1,224 Posts
Can you PM me your IP address? I'll check it against those in the ban list.

Could be a bug happened and your account was inadvertently given the IP ban treatment. Can you clear cookies?

Kevin

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there any chance his IP was caught in the net cast to shut down the recent Korean spam issue?
Can you PM me your IP address? I'll check it against those in the ban list.

Could be a bug happened and your account was inadvertently given the IP ban treatment. Can you clear cookies?

Kevin
Unable to find a way to pm you so have "reported" your post with the number.
Let me know if you have it. A second computer has the same problem so don't see it as cookie related.:confused:

·
Administrator
1,224 Posts
Hey there,

I found that your IP address was blocked.

Can you clear your cache and cookies and let me know if this issues continues to hit you?

Richard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts