Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Long Time Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bracelet on this Citizen is really well made, links have solid end, screws instead of pins, and both brushed and polished finishes.

Plenty of removable links, 8 large and two short. But no enough if full length is close to what’s needed. It’s too short or too long!

This is what I get with one short link removed.

·
Long Time Member
1,049 Posts
Wow that’s tight .add a link and show us a wrist shot .. maybe your comfortable with a tighter fit , but honestly , that looks uncomfortable. Rather have a slight loose fit than a tourniquet.

Reactions: Robotaz

·
Super Moderator
963 Posts
Ouch... looks like you need to add that short link back in. This is the problem when no micro-adjustments are available.

Personally, I prefer a loose bracelet on all of my watches. Having something constraining my wrist is not comfortable...

·
Super Moderator
13,227 Posts
Am thinking they make bracelets like this so you can enjoy all of
the different links they give you, as well as the craftsmanship of
the links w4. 😊..No, but seriously, it is a great question that you
are asking, and it almost seems like things over overthought with
the design right?! 😵

It seems like everything is basically too complex. When all you
need is a simple bracelet with links that easily can be removed,
and be comfortable. ..At least it looks cool though. :)

Hope you can add that link back in, and just be comfortable sir.
Want to thank you for showing us this, and for coming up with
the topic w4tchi !!!

·
Long Time Member
265 Posts
I usually replace my odd fitting clasps with a ratchet clasp. I can squeeze the extension and let it out one or two adjustments. I heard Strapcode makes good ones, I usually look on eBay for some cheap glide or ratchet clasps.

·
Long Time Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ratchet clasp is definitely the way to go, have several with it. Even found a PVD version from Geckota; using it on my Glycine Airman.

For this guy, I think it may go back to a leather strap, which it was on for a long time. Can’t beat the fit and comfort, but not so good in the summer, especially on a diver.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That looks way up the wrist for one. I’m not knocking you for wearing it up there, but recommending you cut watch makers some slack for not anticipating. What is that? 9”?

It is a nice bracelet. Surprisingly good. It’s odd to me what Japanese manufacturers choose to play up and down. Seiko can’t print a dial evenly on a $2,000 watch, but the same watch has a titanium monocoque case surrounded by ceramic and can easily go far beyond the 1,000M WR.

·
Long Time Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not that far up, Robotaz.
I hate when the crown touches the wrist, and this guy has a huge crown protector.

But my beef is with the limited adjustability, which is none in this case, taking links out is the only option.

·
1,078 Posts
Unfortunately that is a compromise between aesthetics and function. In order to make the bracelet better looking, symmetrical or whatever (in their opinion) they forego putting in micro adjustments. Several companies do that and the result is less options for fitting.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,811 Posts
I doubt if all those links are independent and articulating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess you'll have to adjust your watchband for it to fit perfectly. I've got a metal watch from Citizen as well, and it was super easy to readjust it by adding links to the band. But, of course, you can get it done for free if you contact the store where you bought it. At least, that's how it worked for me! I was also wondering whether you guys know how to make a necklace tighter? I've got a new necklace and it's a bit big. However, I really like it cause I got it from my boyfriend this Valentine's day, and I very much want it to look flawlessly on me!

·
Super Moderator
963 Posts
I guess you'll have to adjust your watchband for it to fit perfectly. I've got a metal watch from Citizen as well, and it was super easy to readjust it by adding links to the band. But, of course, you can get it done for free if you contact the store where you bought it. At least, that's how it worked for me! I was also wondering whether you guys know how to make a necklace tighter? I've got a new necklace and it's a bit big. However, I really like it cause I got it from my boyfriend this Valentine's day, and I very much want it to look flawlessly on me!
Take it to a jeweler, they should be able to remove some links for you.

·
Oris Freek
3,599 Posts
Confusious say, when faced with to tight or to loose, go with to loose so you don't loose your hand due to lack of circulation.😉

1 - 14 of 14 Posts