Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have an Edox.The previous owner had the outside links on the bracelet brushed.

I'll get some pics up later about it.I've got about 9 different types of rouge for doing this and sandpaper thats as fine as 10 microns.After sanding the outside links then polishing them,I'm still left with some grain showing through and a milky appearance.I've not had that problem on other watches, only this bracelet.The reason it needs to be done is that the lughorns are polished and thats where the outside links meet.Either I'm missing something or this steel is abit tougher, maybe even 904 steel.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

It has been awhile sense i looked at the ASTM specs of 904L but I dont think the Rockwell or Vickers harness is any harder then 316L. I am pretty sure that the Tens are different and the elongations are different. It more then likely just needs to be stepped on!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Some manufacturers will Rhodium plate the stainless to get that really shiney appearance. Not saying this is the problem but it could account for the uneven (milky) appearance. The plating may be polished away.

Just throwing that out there.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

CJ (Seattle) does most of the polish jobs and he might know.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Ron's right, high speed, cleaning compound and a little more pressure will get the "grooves" out.

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
It has been awhile sense i looked at the ASTM specs of 904L but I dont think the Rockwell or Vickers harness is any harder then 316L. I am pretty sure that the Tens are different and the elongations are different. It more then likely just needs to be stepped on!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I saw the thread title and I was with TC . . . . I thought somebody did something really dumb!!!! Oh and for the record, this may explain alot, I'm Polish . .. .. . ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.