Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Let me preface this by saying the title is sorta/kinda a play on words...Myself & all of the women I know WANT our men to be king ofour castle.

Who makes most of the decisions in your home ?...I decide on how our home is decorated, what food we eat & I'm usually the one that makes the plans for an evening out, etc...His business occupies his almost every waking moment so, I look at my decision making as lightening his load...Ima pretty self sufficient chick & I don't need much help...If I run something by him it is usually nothing more than a simple courtesy to him.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

It is about 50-50 in my house. My wife is also pretty independent and we have always discussed most things and made many decisions together. Just seemed to work better that way and less pointless fighting.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

me

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Our partnership is 50:50. We discuss most things, not watch purchases cause I'd never win that discussion. We split chores, I shop and do most of the cooking, my wife does most of the cleaning and takes care of the bills. We split the yard work when my back permits.....When it comes to the kids we try to present a unified front, time has shown they try to divide and conquer.....I research most of the major purchases ans she HATES to shop, therefore I take the lead on cars, computers, appliances, etc.....she usually gives me her want list and I'll work with that....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

As usual Duchess, a thought provoking question. It's funny because as the years have gone by, my wife has become more independent. Now, that's not necessarily good or bad but for my wife it's just different. When we were younger she was less independent and thus relied more on me for things but that's now different. We probably make decisions 50-50. It's a good thing too because I used to have to make every decision on everything so this is a nice change for me!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Pants? We don't need no stinkn' pants......

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

normally it's 50/50 with her deferring to my choice -unless i'm completely off base

recently we bought some furniture for the living room - i chose everything and she mostly agreed- i am lucky to have somehow inherited my mothers good taste - so most of what i like -my wife really likes -but if i'm completely off - she will tell me in a heart beat -so it's 50/50

we are OLD School so she lets me "wear the pants" until i decide something that's completely wrong -and then she provides alternatives - it doesnt hapen too often as i am pretty level headed (except for my watch obscession!! LOL)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/BkeAzqhlkNk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
imported post

Interesting question..... Depends on who you ask. I would say that we share it 50/50. She would say that she let's me believe we share it 50/50:).

All joking aside, my wife and I got married in college (I was 22, she was 20), now here we are 16 years later and we kind of have a good grasp on what we can get by with without having to do more than mention it to the other. If she wants to go after work and get a manicure, no problem. If she wants to go after work and buy a car...then she knows I need to be in on that decision:). Pretty much same goes for me. A watch here and there, no problem. 5 or 6 watches in a weekend, we got a problem.

And, if we start arguing about something, we have a little saying

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I am out of the house probably twelve hours on a workday. To be fair, Theresa takes care of about 99% of everything. If something is important she will ask for my input. I guess I am spoiled but she is good at managing what needs to be done. ....Bob

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Let's see Duchess....although with me sick...we have only one income right now. But none the less....I pay all the bills...and keep the money straight..or at least attempt to!!!:lol

Since I do all the cooking...I decide what to cook for dinner...I buy the groceries...and do almost all the housework. Yes..I clean the house....vacuum, use the floor cleaner...I do the dishes...and the laundry. When it comes to money....my wifelets me know how much she needsbudgeted for clothing...her hair appointments...and getting her nails and feet done. She does her best to stay within those limits..but if she goes a little over..its okay.

I don't mind doing it .... plus...with me being sick...time isn't a problem.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I live by myself so I guess it's 100% me.

The married guys at work get mad when they ask me what I'm doing later in the evening.

I tell them "anything I want to"

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

When she is happy, my kingdom is happy. Never, Never underestimate the power of a frown from your wife. I as others tell everyone that I am King and I run the household and what I say is law. If you do not believe me ask my wife, she lets me be king!... CARL

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Boy, she's got you fooled!!
I called her today and she said that "when you get wear pants" you make some of the important decisions......what's on TV, when you go the bathroom....:%:%:%:%:%

CJ

Watchguru58 wrote:
50/50 at my house although I let her think she is 90 and I'm 10. It makes things muchs smoother Ha Ha LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.