Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an interesting fact I uncovered about Invicta. Just returned from Macys in Yonkers N.Y. Cross County shopping center on the outskirts of New York. I happened to notice a huge men's watch area. Hundreds of watches glittering under jewelers lights. Being an Invicta collector like a moth to a flame I was drawn to it. They had many watch brands maybe something like 12 all in large glass cases apx. 35 inches long containing apx. 40 to 50 watches each. Of course I looked for Invicta. When I finally found the Invicta case it contained 3 watches while there was room for 40 to 50? ALL the other watch cases were totally filled and Invicta was just about empty. So I asked the person in charge of the watch dept. whats happening with the Invicta watches. Why is it the only case that is empty? Were you discontinuing them, rearranging or in the process of putting in new ones? She said NO they just are all sold out. We reorder regularly and they all sell out. Now this really surprised me. Not because I thought Invictas do not sell on the contrary I believe invicta is a hot selling watch but department stores are notorious for selling them for outrageously high prices, generally have poor selections and have a hefty 9% sales tax attached to them. In my mind there can only be one answer. They are in high demand.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
No denying that.

They have positioned themselves well by offering customers a choice from a large range of watches along with reasonable quality in most instances. This, coupled with the affordability factor, hits the spot with the average consumer.

No reason they shouldn't sell

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
So were pet rocks.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Ariescrown:
Invicter can sell their watches til tha cows come home.
I just wont be buying any. Learn't my lesson. I won't email
them if they don't email me first. Our divorce is finally final.
But if you think Invicta is the best thing since sliced bread,
buy em. It's your money!! And this is a FREE COUNTY thanks
to our Military. Jus my 2 cents worth

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
There's no question that they sell boat loads of watches.....they just don't sell any to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Invicta was the first "big" watch I owned as I had their sub homage. Gifted to a friend and it still running strong for over 10 years. However, their resale value is nil and they keep coming out with flashy clownish sizes and watches that look like the kind you buy at a mall Kiosk.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I just don't understand these threads, and why people feel the need to validate their purchases such as this.

Here's the deal. I hate Invicta. So do many others. Guess what, lots of people love them too.
Many on this forum are in the dislike camp, for many reasons.
We have owned many (MANY), and watched the company evolve from a decent brand, do mainly a discount brand, and they have been caught in a lot of lies over the years, misrepresentation of their product, bad CS and QC and on and on.

But again, none of that matters.
I've done the deal with Invicta ; started buying them in 2002. I'm done, move past, and it's all good.

I do not look down on people who own them, I just don't care for the watches or the company.

Why do you want validation from strangers on the Internet. There is a slew of people out there who dislike Rolex as well.

Wear your watch and enjoy it.
Tons of people wear Fossil watches, you don't see them on here trying to convince others they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Enough already. You like invictas , great, wear them.
My opinion should not matter to you or anyone else.

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
I just don't understand these threads, and why people feel the need to validate their purchases such as this.

Here's the deal. I hate Invicta. So do many others. Guess what, lots of people love them too.
Many on this forum are in the dislike camp, for many reasons.
We have owned many (MANY), and watched the company evolve from a decent brand, do mainly a discount brand, and they have been caught in a lot of lies over the years, misrepresentation of their product, bad CS and QC and on and on.

But again, none of that matters.
I've done the deal with Invicta ; started buying them in 2002. I'm done, move past, and it's all good.

I do not look down on people who own them, I just don't care for the watches or the company.

Why do you want validation from strangers on the Internet. There is a slew of people out there who dislike Rolex as well.

Wear your watch and enjoy it.
Tons of people wear Fossil watches, you don't see them on here trying to convince others they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Enough already. You like invictas , great, wear them.

·
Registered
319 Posts

OP's post is more of an advertisement than anything else. Also even in the tiniest degree opinions matter. Its how you keep an open mind. Otherwise, instead of forums you'd have research papers and nerd formulas. Reading those is so much more work than having a dude say, 'I've read these nerd formulas and in my opinion, this product is great.' (ie people's reviews you may rely on).

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
OP's post is more of an advertisement than anything else. Also even in the tiniest degree opinions matter. Its how you keep an open mind. Otherwise, instead of forums you'd have research papers and nerd formulas. Reading those is so much more work than having a dude say, 'I've read these nerd formulas and in my opinion, this product is great.' (ie people's reviews you may rely on).

There is a difference here though.
If you read enough and see that "experts" if you will, professional reviewers and regular customers like a brand, you can be pretty assured than that it is a good brand.

With incicta, people like the OP constantly want to defend the brand and try and promote and change others mind that the company is crap.

We've seen these threads for 5 years here and more elsewhere.

If you like Invicta, than by all means enjoy them.
But stop trying to make others like the brand and trying to tell me and others they are all that.

He did that because of so many threads abs members on this forum speak of our dislike of them. We are all entitled to our opinion. But stop with the promoting with threads like these.

And sorry if I come off as bitter or shitty, but this has been hashed and hashed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, who knew that so many people who really hate Invicta constantly frequent an Invicta forum created and used by Invicta collectors who love and want to discus the brand. That's crazy. If you like another watch brand so much why aren't on that forum talking about what you like as normal collectors do. Or maybe these people don't like watches at all and just get off on putting down those people who do. That's even crazier.
Look the only bottom line for me on this whole thing was when by chance I happened to pass a huge watch station in a large department store; among the multitude of fully packed watch cases of many brands I see one the of the cases all lit up and Empty. This looked strange from a distance. When I ultimately found out this was the Invicta case and found out Why I simply thought it would be of some interest to Invicta Collectors. That was all there was to it period.

·
Registered
319 Posts
And sorry if I come off as bitter or shitty, but this has been hashed and hashed.

No need to apologize. The ironic part of these hash and re-hashed threads is that the target audience aren't the ones participating.

OP loves Invicta. You do not love Invicta. Both opinions are on both sides of the extremes. You aren't convincing each other of anything. However, its the middle undecided people that will come to these threads and be swayed one way or the other. The unheard majority.

Its like politics where you have hardcore democrats and republicans and those in the middle who think both extremes are nuts but are trying to make a decision partly based on what they trying to spew.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
The strength of the WF forum, in my opinion, lies in the extensive range of knowledge of its members, which may even include their opinions and thoughts on certain matters.

To read the riot act to anyone who we may not agree with is contrary to the spirit of the forum and only serves to discourage members from starting/commenting on threads, particularly newer members. It could even be regarded as downright disrespectful.

At times it may be useful to consider directing our energies in more constructive ways elsewhere on the forum.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Wow, who knew that so many people who really hate Invicta constantly frequent an Invicta forum created and used by Invicta collectors who love and want to discus the brand. That's crazy. If you like another watch brand so much why aren't on that forum talking about what you like as normal collectors do. Or maybe these people don't like watches at all and just get off on putting down those people who do. That's even crazier.
Look the only bottom line for me on this whole thing was when by chance I happened to pass a huge watch station in a large department store; among the multitude of fully packed watch cases of many brands I see one the of the cases all lit up and Empty. This looked strange from a distance. When I ultimately found out this was the Invicta case and found out Why I simply thought it would be of some interest to Invicta Collectors. That was all there was to it period.

This is a subforum......this is not the Invicta forum. It was not created and used by Invicta collectors....

Sorry, but, I helped start and create this the forum, along with James, and a few other members, back in 2009, and we allowed members to use it.

The members have undoubtedly grown this forum and made it what it is....but, sorry, piss off and don't tell me where I can and can not post....

Sometimes people can just not read. I have no issue with anyone liking or loving invicta. The simple fact is, for 5 years there have been countless threads such as these, and You, the OP of this thread have gone into old post after old post trying to resurrect them, and trying to say how great Invicta is etc, because you somehow do not have enough validation for you favorite brand and do not like the fact that others do not like the brand.

See that is the difference between you and I.

If you post a thread showing that you got a new invicta, I will either not post on it, or say congratulations.

You on the other hand, need to go into every Invicta thread here and try to defend the brand as an ambassador of sorts, to validate your purchase, because you cant deal with the fact that you have bought into a polarizing brand that some very much dislike.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow, who knew that so many people who really hate Invicta constantly frequent an Invicta forum created and used by Invicta collectors who love and want to discus the brand. That's crazy. If you like another watch brand so much why aren't on that forum talking about what you like as normal collectors do.
This is a subforum......this is not the Invicta forum. It was not created and used by Invicta collectors....

Sorry, but, I helped start and create this the forum, along with James, and a few other members, back in 2009, and we allowed members to use it.

The members have undoubtedly grown this forum and made it what it is....but, sorry, piss off and don't tell me where I can and can not post....
We need to calm down. Lets take a break to thank Al Gore for letting us use the Internet he created for Climate Change discussion to talk about watches.

Skip to 0:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco

1 - 20 of 58 Posts