Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

How many Freeks jumped on the Venom OTV? I'm sitting this one out, which I couldn't have imagined 6 months ago. Oh well... I needed a new mattress set and Ibought the King Serta on Monday and you can't sleep on Flame Fusion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

I was close, but passing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
imported post

I stopped just short of the "place order " button ; I already have a Venom and it has only seen 10 hrs of wrist time due to discomfort. This would have been solely for collection purposes and the numbers of units they are talking doesn't exactly put it into the hard to find or rare category.

:(:(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

I truly was going too pass mainly because the venom on Rubber does not interest me in the slightest. However I got word that this probably would be the only version offered with this movement which is what I wanted. So I will just leave it on the bracelet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I gotta admit Rip that I would love to have another bracelet version in my collection and the price is right, IMO, but like I wrote earlier, real life gets in the way of this one. I'm about as excited about getting this mattress as I am getting a new watch...weeeiiird!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
I'm about as excited about getting this mattress as I am getting a new watch...weeeiiird!
I completely understand that Tuna. We got a new King sized bed a year ago, and it was the first really good, more expensive brand, mattress, with additional topper, that I have ever owned. It cost more BUT MY ENTIRE sleeping experience has completely changed. Literally overnight (no pun intended) I slept deeper and got more out of the few hours I actually sleep.

I fully understand your excitement about the new mattress!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

I here you man, I would not trade you my memory foam mattress for your whole watch collection. I love that bed!!!


TUNAKLLR wrote:
I gotta admit Rip that I would love to have another bracelet version in my collection and the price is right, IMO, but like I wrote earlier, real life gets in the way of this one. I'm about as excited about getting this mattress as I am getting a new watch...weeeiiird!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
I'm about as excited about getting this mattress as I am getting a new watch...weeeiiird!
I completely understand that Tuna. We got a new King sized bed a year ago, and it was the first really good, more expensive brand, mattress, with additional topper, that I have ever owned. It cost more BUT MY ENTIRE sleeping experience has completely changed. Literally overnight (no pun intended) I slept deeper and got more out of the few hours I actually sleep.

I fully understand your excitement about the new mattress!
I here you man, I would not trade you my memory foam mattress for your whole watch collection. I love that bed!!!



I'm happy to read this guys! That's what I was hoping to see. I've been sleeping on a lame mattress for a few yeras till I went out of town on a few occasions. I got some great sleep and I couldn't believe the comfort.

Thanks for the input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
imported post

I just got my Venom about 2-3 weeks ago, so talking the wife into letting me get another one would have taken more effort than it was worth. Think I'm going to wait a couple of months when the prices drop on some of the deal a day sites and grab a SS or rose tone bracelet model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Sasquatch wrote:
I just got my Venom about 2-3 weeks ago, so talking the wife into letting me get another one would have taken more effort than it was worth. Think I'm going to wait a couple of months when the prices drop on some of the deal a day sites and grab a SS or rose tone bracelet model.
I don't know if you'll be able to get that bracelet model for less than it was today squatch. I believe it wasInvictashark(?) that had the rosetone for $395. Good move waiting a couple of months though. No sense in rocking the boat so soon.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Ibought the King Serta on Monday and you can't sleep on Flame Fusion.
Hot off the presses:

GUANG-XI, SWITZERLAND - Invicta president and CEO, Eyal Lalo, has announced the latest enhancement to Invicta's industry-leading Flame Delusion Crystal. In an unanticipated and unprecedented move, Invicta has announced Flame Delusion II, with Pillow Top and Back Support.

Lalo, looking resplendent in his yellow chiffon full-length gown, stated "In these uncertain economic times, it is important that we offer products that can serve multiple functions, especially considering what we're charging for these things. No other company can provide a watch crystal that is scratch-resistant, shatterproof, and comfortable to lie down upon. This is a first in the industry!"

Invicta sheet set and mattress pad sold separately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,836 Posts
imported post

An awesome timepiece! I think it might be a little to big for me. Congrats to all who has a Venom OTV coming their way. ....Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,288 Posts
imported post

Although I was tempted, I had to pass as well TK. Would'a been my first Venom, but frankly it just doesn't sing to me enough. Think it's because I'm really just into the auto three hands or mechanicalsthese days. Matter of taste.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

+1 -yeah i think everybody on here pretty much knows - i'm a 3 hand auto guy myself lately!!


arnie11 wrote:
Although I was tempted, I had to pass as well TK. Would'a been my first Venom, but frankly it just doesn't sing to me enough. Think it's because I'm really just into the auto three hands or mechanicalsthese days. Matter of taste.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,288 Posts
imported post

LOL, I think the reason I'm a three hand auto/mechanical guy is due to necessity. At 61 years young, those chronos are just too difficult to read/busy for these old eyes without reading glasses. So just gimme a simple but aesthetic three hand and I'm happy. Just an old man keepin it simple. LOL !
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top