Watch Freeks banner

Do you have a "Man Cave" to store your watch collections?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Someday

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have heard "Man Cave" mentioned a lot lately in this forum and other forums. I was wondering who here has a "Man Cave" and if you do is it used tostore your watch collections?

I finished my basement this past summer and that was the one thing I insisted on having in my house. I was able to convince my wife to let me decorate and furnish it myself. I store all my collectibles including my watch collection in this "Man Cave". I also bought a Leather La-Z-Boy Recliner/Rocker this past Saturday. I go here to escape the world. I listen to music, read books, and of course wind my watches daily in my room.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

a man cave like that would be outstanding, somewhere to get away and relex. I have abig safe

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I NEED TO SEE SOME PICTURES IMMEDIATELY!!!

LOL

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

Yep, I got a man cave, but the watches are elswhere. My man cave consists of a ceiling mounted HD Projector with a drop down 110" screen. Awesome THX Digital Theater sound system. Some custom furniture pieces I built, A networked laptop computer and a a wall mounted HD 32" Flat screen. Deep pile burgundy carpet underfoot, a leather recliner, and a leather two seater couch. French doors to the patio. And yes, it's better than going to the movies, and football is incredible through the system.

It's not really that expensive to do this anymore, projectors can be had for $500, a good sound system for $500, and misc other bits and pieces another $500. Boom a man cave.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

DingBat wrote:
Yep, I got a man cave, but the watches are elswhere. My man cave consists of a ceiling mounted HD Projector with a drop down 110" screen. Awesome THX Digital Theater sound system. Some custom furniture pieces I built, A networked laptop computer and a a wall mounted HD 32" Flat screen. Deep pile burgundy carpet underfoot, a leather recliner, and a leather two seater couch. French doors to the patio. And yes, it's better than going to the movies, and football is incredible through the system.

It's not really that expensive to do this anymore, projectors can be had for $500, a good sound system for $500, and misc other bits and pieces another $500. Boom a man cave.
Very cool. I had my cave wired for Satellite and Phone. I just need to install the flat screen and Blue-Ray and it will be finished. You must post some pics of this home theatre.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I bet my cave is more of a real cave inside the house than most of you have.

My cave is a water cistern that I busted a doorway through from my basement. A totally concrete tank with only two openings in it, the man hole where you would open to fill it and now the door in the basement.

I have a dehumidifier keeping it dry, but it's not needed much and a keep a small fan blowing air from the rest of the house into it so it is kept fresh. I have it halfwaycarpeted, lighted, and I keep my shipping supplies and Total Gym in there, I have a killer stereo w/sub woofer and a wall clock in it. I used to have an extra TV in there but I had to bring it out to my bedroom after my Magnavox combo TV,DVD,VCR died. This is also where my watch warehouse rack is. I keep lots of things in there for storage, clothing in Space bags, new batteries, candles, flashlights, hand crank radio, blankets, a case of bottled water. These last items are in case of a tornado or worse.

It's not like a retreat or a place to go to get away, but my cats love it and I have slept in it. I have thought, since the acoustics are so great, I may someday finish it out and turn it into the theatre room.

·
Registered
563 Posts
imported post

I have a major Man Cave now. Fully furnished and at about 1500 sq. ft. plenty big enough. I have my own sink and fridge, shelves for watches and boxes. It's really nice down here. Fully functional bathroom w/ shower. What's that Honey??? Can't hear ya down in the dungeon. It has a fireplace, view of the pool and deck too. Has all my Platinum records in the hallway too because she won't let me display them upstairs.
LOL, I love it down here.

This last pic is where it all happens, what ever that is.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is your basement - fully furnished like a full apartment- very nice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
imported post

Thanks TV!!! Where I spend most of my time when I'm not getting yelled at,,,lol.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

you play any of those guitars biggun?

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Yes indeed....my "Man cave " has my golf memoribilia, NASCAR Collection, my 26" HDTV with dolby 5.1 surround sound system, and my watch collection in it. Also houses a panorama picture taken in 1920 with my Great Grandparents and all their children in a 1920 Lexington, as my great grandfather owned the Lexington Motor Company franchise in El Paso Tx at the time. They were celebrating the opening of the first swimming pool in El Paso, also owned by my great grandfather.

I also have two pictures of my Bichon Frise Peek-a-boo..one in a shadow box with her two Best of Breed Ribbons she won in back to back shows in 2004. I had them framed because of the size of the shows she won them at...both shows had over 1500 dogs in them and she won best of breed two days in a row over specials both days....she made me so proud of her. Plus...I was showing her at the time...so I got to be in the ring with her.

TVDiner...I promise to post pics of my "mini man cave " asap!!!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Yes, office (man cave)...sink, wet bar, fridge and all my man stuff. Had a 42" flat screen TV but my wife took it.....she couldn't understand why we had a regular 32" TV in the bedroom.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
I bet my cave is more of a real cave inside the house than most of you have.

My cave is a water cistern that I busted a doorway through from my basement. A totally concrete tank with only two openings in it, the man hole where you would open to fill it and now the door in the basement.

I have a dehumidifier keeping it dry, but it's not needed much and a keep a small fan blowing air from the rest of the house into it so it is kept fresh. I have it halfwaycarpeted, lighted, and I keep my shipping supplies and Total Gym in there, I have a killer stereo w/sub woofer and a wall clock in it. I used to have an extra TV in there but I had to bring it out to my bedroom after my Magnavox combo TV,DVD,VCR died. This is also where my watch warehouse rack is. I keep lots of things in there for storage, clothing in Space bags, new batteries, candles, flashlights, hand crank radio, blankets, a case of bottled water. These last items are in case of a tornado or worse.

It's not like a retreat or a place to go to get away, but my cats love it and I have slept in it. I have thought, since the acoustics are so great, I may someday finish it out and turn it into the theatre room.
Are you getting ready for a war, sounds like a bomb shelter LMFAO

·
Registered
72 Posts
imported post

My office downstairs is my escape. Very spartan down here, sparse except for a desk couch and tv, but this is where I come to do everything with watches.

Love it down here!

stuck the tv where it belongs!;)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
Yes indeed....my "Man cave " has my golf memoribilia, NASCAR Collection, my 26" HDTV with dolby 5.1 surround sound system, and my watch collection in it. Also houses a panorama picture taken in 1920 with my Great Grandparents and all their children in a 1920 Lexington, as my great grandfather owned the Lexington Motor Company franchise in El Paso Tx at the time. They were celebrating the opening of the first swimming pool in El Paso, also owned by my great grandfather.

I also have two pictures of my Bichon Frise Peek-a-boo..one in a shadow box with her two Best of Breed Ribbons she won in back to back shows in 2004. I had them framed because of the size of the shows she won them at...both shows had over 1500 dogs in them and she won best of breed two days in a row over specials both days....she made me so proud of her. Plus...I was showing her at the time...so I got to be in the ring with her.
sounds great - pictures?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

FreeDive wrote:
My office downstairs is my escape. Very spartan down here, sparse except for a desk couch and tv, but this is where I come to do everything with watches.

Love it down here!

stuck the tv where it belongs!;)
the TV in the fireplace is classic!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I'm a bachelor. The whole house, yard and garage are my man cave.

Not braggin' or complainin' just tellin'.

T.

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

YIKES

What has happened to the state of marriage when a

man has to rebuild his own part of the house( or property) to

have privacy!!

Why marry someone that you have to avoid ?

And hide watches or anything from.

Perhaps this is a 21 century problem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts