Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I wanted to see what responses we got from the Freeks for this question.

Here is the scenario. Your watch box (no matter what size) has a top exhibition level (like the picture below) where you put all of your most prized watches. These are the watches you want to be seen through the top glass top when the case is closed.
There is also a shelf below where you put the rest of your watches.

** This top shelf is completely full with your current favorite watches for this question
[align=center]

[/align][align=left]So here is the question:

You JUST received a brand new watch that is definitely going on the TOP SHELF. As mentioned above, your top shelf in your watch box is currently completely full with other watches.

WHICH WATCH IN YOUR CURRENT COLLECTION GETS MOVED DOWN TO THE LOWER SHELF to make room for this new watch on the top level?

For me it just happened yesterday and I moved down my Invicta Men's Force Collection Lefty Terra Military Watch. It is a watch I really like and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. But it had to be moved down when I received my new Stuhrling recently to make space on the "top shelf"

WHICH WATCH IN YOUR CURRENT COLLECTION GETS MOVED DOWN TO THE LOWER SHELF?

[/align]

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Probably whichever one is most out of place. If I had a bunch of Pro Divers and one G-Shock, then the G would get moved down as it would be the odd one.

Or if I had a bunch of Grand Divers and one Pro Diver, the PD would get moved down since its size would be out of place.

Of course depending on the new watch, the entire case might have to be re-done :)

Or maybe I just need to stop ordering watches :lol :b

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I have so much storage/winder space right now, I don't have this issue. :)

I don't put autos in a watch box/case, so they'll all safe on their winders. My choice(s) would come from my quartz watches. Hypothetically, it would be my SL GMT, or my Jacques Lemans F1 GMT.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

it is not an easy question, because in theory you like all of your watches and you dont want to move anything down, but you just have to do it with one of them. I had a hard time picking which to move down, lol

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Being that my boxes are full it's a matter of what gets taken out, at least for now. I tried really hard to stay at 40 even with giveaways but I am hanging around 42-43....time for another giveaway, hmmmmm....no real rhyme or reason to what I take though.

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Being that my boxes are full it's a matter of what gets taken out, at least for now. I tried really hard to stay at 40 even with giveaways but I am hanging around 42-43....time for another giveaway, hmmmmm....no real rhyme or reason to what I take though.

CJ
so you don't actually have an answer, lol

CJ, If right now you got the Omega you wanted or some grail - and your boxes are 100% full - which watch gets bumped OUT of the boxes??

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Fine! Once again with the arm twisting! My Lupah Zen or the Diesel Digital...there you happy!! :%:%:%

CJ

TVDinner wrote:
Seattle wrote:

CJ
so you don't actually have an answer, lol

CJ, If right now you got the Omega you wanted or some grail - and your boxes are 100% full - which watch gets bumped OUT of the boxes??

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

yes I am, hahah.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

I'd actually move a fairly new one down, which is making me think maybe I should return it or trade it. I have wanted the SL Karamica for a while and it never was available at a price I'd pay until their last rotation on Shop and I went for it. I haven't worn it once because I got it the same day as my SAS and that's the ONLY quartz watch I've worn since then...

I think I'm seriously going to buy much fewer, much nicer watches here on out.

David

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I'd move the loner in the collection down to the bottom.I try to keep them grouped according to movement type, so the 7751 would be moved.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

That's an easy one.

Time for another new box

Here's a question:

When you do get that new box (and trust me, you will) how obligated do you feel to fill it up, too?

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

First, beaters and novelty watches (I have a few) go down in the drawer. Eco-drives need light, so they stay up top. Autos stay on top so that I remember to wind or shake them. If I still need room Quartz go downstairs.

Wait, another idea....buy a new box! Problem solved.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

I warned my wife when she offered to buy me the 20 slot box for Christmas (I have a 10 slot box that is full) that in reality she is just begging for me to fill the new box. She bought it anyway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
imported post

Mine dont get moved down, If they are not in the top tray then they will not get worn so they'll get sold.

Steve

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I cant help ya TV, I dont have favorites so too speak and I dont move them down only out. Rotation, Rotation, Rotation!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Aliquando wrote:
Mine dont get moved down, If they are not in the top tray then they will not get worn so they'll get sold.

Steve
Steve - do you have a 50 compartment top tray, haha!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Happened to me yesterday with the arrival of the cyclops and scuba......My Swiss Pro Diver had to move back to its yellow box. When the Madman arrives I will have to make another decision and more than likely my NFW Vector will go back into its NFW box for now. Of course I know I have a watch box coming for Christmas so some space issues will be resolved.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
imported post

This is a frequent occurance for me with the same watchbox shown. I generally keep the special ones up top and the collections also. In my Renato box I keep all my Vulcan's, Stallion's, T-Rex's and some of my WB's. I have muc more WB's then the others so a lot of them are in the drawer. I have a another Stallion on the way and unfortunately another on of the WB's hits the lower level. I too also keep all my Auto's in my winders so the only watches in my boxes are the Quartz.

Same goes for my other two boxes but they are for Invicta and the VERY FEW other brands I have acquired. However. I do keep one drawer solely for bracelets.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

My watchbox is in our bedroom and I am not really concerned about it being seen. I usually keep my Citizen Eco-Drives on the top under the glass. The box is under a window.I also keep limited editions and some other timepieces on top under the glass.Theresa purchased a stand up jewelry box at a garage sale with several draws.She redid it for me for and I use that for storing timepieces too. ....Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts